• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aln Valley for BVE 4 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

To complete the work on my Tyne Valley project, I'm going to need to use rather more handcoding than I've done in the past. So, to get my self "up to speed", I've revisited my Aln Valley route for BVE 4. The main improvements are:

- Working semaphore signals: you'll need to have the BR Semaphore pack from trainsim central installed (thanks as ever to the team there). This includes a couple of distant signals - helps to enforce the speed limits!. (Hope I've placed them far enough ahead of the signals they refer to). The semaphores are probably a bit "over the top" for a preserved railway which will probably use the "one engine in steam" principle, but it's more entertaining!
- The timetable has been "eased", and runs include the class 104 DMU (the BVE 2 unit can be modified if you haven't already) and the Class 37 loco.
- Improved scenery: I've revisited some objects to make them work better. I've added "period" enamel signs to stations. I've added more passengers. I've revised some trackside signs. I've corrected much of the diverging tracks so they look better.

And so, I have no excuse now not to finish the Tyne Valley....

Regards to all

eezypeazy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I get and error when downloading. It says complete at 194kb then a dialog box pops up and says "This file contains invalid data".

eezypeazy

It's working OK here...

I always thoroughly test the upload/download before I tell people about it...

Regards

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

Just downloaded it using IE6.... first time, it stopped early, second time it did it OK...

eezypeazy

Coxster

Established Member
Strange... Anyway, I've given the 37 file a good run and I very much like the updated route. The signal check at the junction gives a chance to thrash the 37 right up which is always fun! :lol:

eezypeazy

Thanks, Damon....

While you've been enjoying the route, I've installed IE 7.... and, the first time I tried to download the route, it didn't download properly, the second time, it did.....

Don'tcha just love Micro$oft?

Back to Firefox......

eezypeazy

Bill EWS

Hi eezypeezy,
Been a while since we chatted and as mentioned elsewhere I haven't ran BVE much over the Summer. However, I have just caught up with your latest update for Aln Valley and must say they are excellent. The working semifore signals look good and I like the way that you run up 'correctly' from a distant signal set against you and the control home signal comes off as you just about come to a stand. The new scenery and objects are fine too. This is a route to be proud off and you derve congratualtions for the work you have put into getting everything working.

I still can't get bv2 trains to show properly on bv4 (blue screens), so have to use the 153 instead of the 104, but the 153 is a good modern set to run on this branch and handles very well. The 37 shows and runs perefectly too.

Well done. I am looking forward to your next update for Tyne Valley.

Cheers.

BillEWS.

Jordy

Established Member
I echo Bill EWS's comments, this is a really excellent route now eezypeazy, well done :)

Jordy

eezypeazy

Thanks for your comments, everyone.....

Hmm, my class 104 runs perfectly well at this end... I'll have to check the upgrade files sometime.

Anyway, I'm putting what I've learned doing this bit of handcoding to good use (with much help from Dennis's tutorials, too!). I'm working on Tyne Valley... the stage it's at now is that I've got fully working signalling, speed limits and correct signage from Carlisle to Bardon Mill (with, as far as I can tell, the correct mix of semaphores and colour light signals). I'm progressing towards Sunderland replacing the old signals with the trainsim central ones. The biggest task facing me at the moment is the rebuild of Newcastle Central - 90% of the building done, just need to make the track look sensible...

Cheers

eezypeazy

Status
Not open for further replies.