• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amending Seat Reservation - LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Has anybody else tried to amend their Azuma seat reservation? I've tried but all I get is:-

"There was an error amending your seat reservations. Please try again by hitting edit."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That usually happens (same on VTWC) when you're the last reservation in a given Advance tier. It's because of a quirk of NRS, which doesn't allow you to change a reservation but only to cancel and make a new one. So they have to grab another Advance in that tier first for the new seat, then cancel the old one, which isn't possible if there's no other one left. If it was done the other way round (cancel then issue new) there's the risk someone else could come in and purchase it between the two.

westv

Established Member
So basically it can't be done?
I booked it 30/4 for 21/6

Haywain

Veteran Member
So basically it can't be done?
I booked it 30/4 for 21/6
It's all about when you are trying to make the change, not when you bought the ticket. Bletchleyite is correct.

westv

Established Member
Not online, no. Two options - sit in an unreserved seat (most staff won't care) or go to a station and see if they'll do you another reservation, though you may have to shop around.
Ok thanks. I was just trying to mòve myself from a windowless seat.

infobleep

Veteran Member
When I need to move seat reservations 8 rang up customer services. It took 10 minutes to do.

Wonder how much such changes cost annual in staff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.