• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amending VTEC advance ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I have a VTEC 1st advance ticket booked for later this week from Leeds to Stevenage.
I need to amend the date of this journey as I will not be travelling this week (due to illness)

Do I need to collect the original TOD ticket before I amend the booking or will the VTEC site amend it for an uncollected ticket? (the original booking was made through the VTEC site)

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
I have a VTEC 1st advance ticket booked for later this week from Leeds to Stevenage.
I need to amend the date of this journey as I will not be travelling this week (due to illness)

Do I need to collect the original TOD ticket before I amend the booking or will the VTEC site amend it for an uncollected ticket? (the original booking was made through the VTEC site)

Thanks.

If you go into "my bookings" on the VTEC website under "my account", you can try it out and see if it will let you amend it from there. I've never had any problems, but then I have always already collected my tickets.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It should let you amend regardless, but may insist on only allowing print@home or postal delivery for the amendment.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I don't know if it's changed but VTEC used to post out amendments to Advance fares if you amend them on line. Consequently you can't amend them on line within 7 days of travel as there's insufficient time to post the tickets to you.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If the journey is wholly on VTEC, and the amendment is to wholly on VTEC, then I believe it will offer print@home as well as postal delivery.

If it involves a connection e.g. GTR between Peterborough & Stevenage, then postal delivery will be the only option.

There's also the option of a ticket office, if you can get to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.