• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amsterdam Via Hoek of Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week I will be making a journey London to Amsterdam via Hoek of Holland

Just hoping someone will have info on the best possible way from the Hoek to Amsterdam
Can anyone point me to the timetable for the buses.

My understanding is I take a bus to Rotterdam Schiedam then train to Amsterdam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spoorslag '70

Your understanding is correct. The bus timetable can be found at https://www.ret.nl/en/home/travelling-with-the-ret/timetable/bus-711.html.
The complete journey could probably be checked easiest by using 9292.nl or ns.nl.

There are two through ICs from Schiedam to Amsterdam C per hour, departing at xx.17 and xx.47 taking about 68 minutes and a further two trains per hour involve a cross-platform connection at Leiden and depart at xx.02 and xx.32, also 68 minutes, faster journey are possible (via Rotterdam and the High-speed line but I don't think that the 15 minutes difference are worth 2,60€).

Thanks for that....
So I am thinking Bus from the Hoek and then take either the xx.17 or xx.47 direct to Amsterdam.

The above departures both go via the airport, I just wondering if I can break my journey there just to have a look around?

I have a combined sail/rail ticket is that allowed would anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.