• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amtrak and Acela High Speed Rail Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

Amtrak is the national rail system for the United States. It has a high speed rail line called Acela that runs from Boston to Washington DC. Acela is not as fast as the TGV or Eurostar, but it is still a fun ride.

SN857306a.jpg

SN855933.jpg

SN852445.jpg

SN851427.jpg

S6300117.jpg

These are regular Amtrak trains

SN851924.jpg

SN850361.jpg

S6300119.jpg

SN851428.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Whilst I cant see those pics just yet - I did enjoy my trip on the Amtrak from Miami to Orlando a few year back. Took forever but was comfortable. And I got intorduced to Sam Adams on the train :)

LE Greys

Established Member
Wish our Stamford had a station like that! All looks familiar to me, those curve-sided Amtrak coaches (think they're Amfleet stock) were used on the Maple Leaf when I travelled on it. Bags of room inside, like seats like British first class in second class. It rather reminded me of what British rail travel was like 20-40 years ago, everything loco-hauled and a bit slower, but still very interesting. Just wish they'd speed up the border crossing at Niagara though.

Status
Not open for further replies.