• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

An A4 Atmosphere: 60009 heads 1Z36 to York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybee60163

Hi All

Today, even though the weather has never risen above -3, I have ventured out to see 60009 work the 1Z36 to York. The shots I managed to capture was at Colton junction and could have been a lot better if it wasn't for the fog that was lurking in the atmosphere for the full time whilst I was present. All my shots from today can be seen at the following links :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaybee60163/8270663488/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaybee60163/8270668068/in/photostream

Kind Regards

Jack

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Gorgeously atmospheric. I remember 'Bittern' making the same run last year shortly before Christmas, but with a blinding winter sun behind it instead.

Jaybee60163

Think I got bittern last year but was at a different location to this, Perhaps next year at this time with a bit of luck the wether will be perfect for a shot.

Teaboy1

I ventured out in glorious sun-shine (Tickhill) to my fave spot near Moss (Askern) where it promptly fogged over in about 3 minutes flat. All I got was a cloud of exhaust steam drifting towards me in a frozen field set against a foggy background so a poor showing for me. At least you managed to see an A4!!
Just how the crew managed to spot signals is beyond me, I take it UoSA has AWAC or whatever fitted because my visibility was about 40m.
Should have stayed next to fireplace!!

Next Saturday should see 2 steamers in York together, UoSA and Earl Mt Edgcumbe, so fingers crossed for better weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.