• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

An East Midlands/Northern Rail query

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Forgot to ask this yesterday, only just remembered it while I was doing my videos!

While at Derby and Long Eaton, noticed that all of the East Midlands services between Liverpool Lime Street and Norwich were coming through Derby and Long Eaton and then terminating short at Nottingham while I didn't see one Northern Rail unit go through

Was told something about the loop through Alfreton being closed for engineering work but how come EMT went the long way around and not Northern?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Could be lack of paths via Derby, could be that Northern serve more of the intermediate stops, so they got the buses anyway. Seems like a reasonable compromise.

jha4ceb

Today the Leeds services seem to be terminating at Chesterfield. I assume the same was true yesterday.

WillPS

Established Member
Yeah, until a few years ago Chesterfield was routinely used as a terminus (Chesterfield - Leeds, during the Bradway blockade Norwich - Chesterfield). Used to come off a siding rather than reversing in platform though.

Status
Not open for further replies.