• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

An improved bus stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdq

I think you need a N/A option for the seating and advert questions, as many bus stops will have neither.

IanD

Established Member
How about some context to the survey. Is it from some official campaign group or someone just having a laugh?

Yellow123

Thank you everyone for your time. Just so you know I am doing this survey to gather information about the standards of bus stops across the country. I will share the results at the end. Keep the responses coming!

Yellow123

I think you need a N/A option for the seating and advert questions, as many bus stops will have neither.
If there is no seating, then surely the situation with seating would be considered poor?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If there is no seating, then surely the situation with seating would be considered poor?

Only if it's something you'd use. I use bus stops in a number of different areas (and countries) - and they vary massively even within one area.

Yellow123

Only if it's something you'd use. I use bus stops in a number of different areas (and countries) - and they vary massively even within one area.
I'm sorry I did not think of that. Next time I do a survey I'll look for mistakes in my questions.

SCH117X

Established Member
I can think of a number of bus stops where actually having a sign and timetable would be an improvement and hail and ride routes always amuse me, how is anyone supposed to know there is a bus; the concept may be fine for buses running round a residential estate but when its applied to miles of routes across rural, and not so, rural parts of North Yorkshire (Ripon being a case where you would not know looking down a number of major roads their was a service) I cannot help thinking an obvious much needed element of marketing of a service is being missed.

Last edited:

PeterC

Established Member
One improvement would be removing the stops on roads that are no longer served.

sjb-2812

Another might be fares - it's all very well saying "Exact fare only" or equivalent but I've rarely seen the actual value at stops.

SCH117X

Established Member
Another might be fares - it's all very well saying "Exact fare only" or equivalent but I've rarely seen the actual value at stops.
Given far too many operators do not put the fares on their web site there is little chance of them appearing on the stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.