• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

...and a bus sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonno2055

I suppose you could have the apinting simulator, where you actually get to watch it dry. I suppose though this could be an interesting simulator...oh wait it's only in America. No 38 Witham circular then!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Im getting the bus one. WOOOHOOOO :-d
[EDIT]

Got that a few years ago, its crap.

I downloaded the car simulator and personally I don't think its crap, I'd be rather tempted to buy a full copy.

LondonBVE

HSTfan i have the same thinking as you but too bad, can't find it in Singapore so have to buy it online. Also Bus Sim my favourite, can't wait.

Edited: To prevent double posting.

Coxster

Established Member
bluecont said:
If you want a bus driving game, you could always try vbus http://vbus.rulez.pl/indexen.html? However Bus Driver does seem more feature full (and in English), so might be more interesting to use.
It's a good simulator with some great buses. It's just a shame that the maps are not well detailed.

As for Chaz mentioning 'Midtown Madness 2', there are many bus companies you can join on 'Yahoo! Groups' and there are 'Bus City' add-ons for San Francisco and London.

Gareth Hale

Coxster said:
It's a good simulator with some great buses. It's just a shame that the maps are not well detailed.

As for Chaz mentioning 'Midtown Madness 2', there are many bus companies you can join on 'Yahoo! Groups' and there are 'Bus City' add-ons for San Francisco and London.

Sorry for the long delay in this, but I feel it is on this subject, is there any buses you can download for VBUS? If so, where can you download them from?

LondonBVE

Talking about vBus, it is a shame that my com hate vBus. I must starred at the screen for 30 minutes before everything is ready. Stupid old com!

Coxster

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Talking about vBus, it is a shame that my com hate vBus. I must starred at the screen for 30 minutes before everything is ready. Stupid old com!
The basic functions of the game are great, it's just there are no detailed towns - just places with the odd building and grass.

Tom B

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
I suppose you could have the apinting simulator, where you actually get to watch it dry.

You shouldn't have said that when I'm in a creative mood! Give me a while...

TAS

I've found another, less detailed, Slovakian Sim at http://simtr.mestskadoprava.com/
Click on Hra to download
Download more buses- Vozidla links

Once you've started
Main Menu
* Play
* Choose bus/trolleybus
* Key assignments
* Quit

Instructions

Up-accelerator
Down-brake
Left-steer left
Right-steer right
Backspace-Reverse
Enter-Parking brake
Q-left turn signal
W-right turn signal
E-hazard flashers
On the numeric keypad:
/ raise left trolley pole
* raise right trolley pole
- lower trolley poles
1-activate radio trolley switch "A"
2-same for "B"
3-"C"
4-"D"
Tab-activate power-on/power-off trolley switches
**Note--in the (rather simple) map that comes with the game you will only have to deal with a pair of radio switches, A and B.
Views:
F1: Switch views:
Camera behind bus
"Dashboard" view
Roadside cameras
Overhead view
When in "dashboard" view you can press F2 to turn your "pole cam" on and off (in lieu of a rear-view mirror)
And in overhead view, F3 zooms in/zooms out.

Tom
http://simtr.mestskadoprava.com/iio

Ascot

Established Member
would be nice if we can have addons for this. TWL 94 on the 15:45 run from Chelmsley, bell dingin every 5 seconds, riots goin on top oo the fun!!

Established Member
I just get an error message saying, This application has failed to start becuase d3d9.dll was not found. Re-installing to applicaiton may fix this problem.

I have tryed to reinstall it and its still doesnt work any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.