• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Android App for Departures only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthewest

Is there an app that allows one to look at station departures and stopping patterns only?

I know there's National Rail, but that's a bit "big" as it offers ticket sales and lots of convoluted information.

I simply want station departures and stopping patterns to assist with planning.

Geoff from All the Stations uses ByTrain but that's iOS - I have an Android phone.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

On the NRE app you can filter by calling point so only the trains you are interested in show up. And you can "star" a journey that use frequently so it'll be one click from the home page.

You can also use the Live departures part of it so you won't see any ticket info etc but that doesn't get in the way imo

_toommm_

Established Member
Real Time Trains allows you to filter services to only show ones that have either called at a particular station on its inbound journey, or a service that will subsequently call at a station.

Inthewest

I'll take a look at fastroute.
Ontime seems to be a good app. It's flexible enough to also allow route planning.
Shame you can't select the trains you will travel on and it give you a list of them at the end.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/ is my favourite as it allows you to customise your view and even replicate the CIS view you see on station monitors. It's a bit fiddly at first but so long as your station's on the list (not all are) you should be able to customise it to suit your needs.

TFN

The one I use is OnRails. Simple and clean UI and is my app of choice

[.n]

On Android, I use (these are all effectively one click apps to get straight to the information required)

Commuter Train Check (the developer posts on here) - allows to set your favourite journeys (the actual trains rather than just destination/arrival stations)

Fasteroute - allows you to pick favourite stations / and routes

Southern OnTrack - my dashboard shows me the common journeys I make (and disruption notices)

I miss a Windows phone app UK Rail Disruptions, which notified you of disruptions on the network for pre-selected stations, as well as live train times

py_megapixel

Established Member
I can certainly recommend Fasterroute. It's free, and just live data and nothing else. It's also quite fast on most phones and doesn't take up too much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.