• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anglia 86 at Willesden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaahh

Hi, had never seen it before on my Overground travels. Does anyone know which one it is please? I assume it will be refurbished for the sleeper ecs work?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clarence Yard

Established Member
It is 86246 and it is there as a spares donor. It won't be re-entering service.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is 86246 and it is there as a spares donor. It won't be re-entering service.

It's kept Les on the tracks with its bogies.

Some details here on what is a very interesting website: http://www.86259lesross.com/return.htm

After completing the 2014 'heritage' trips, 86259's wheels were deemed life-expired. I recount elsewhere the trials and tribulations endured in trying to find a practical and not-horrendously-expensive way out of this problem. The eventual (and probably only) solution resulted in the acquisition of 86246's bogies from Europhoenix on terms that just its wheelsets would be swapped for those of 259. 86246 was destined to be a donor for spares for the Electric Traction fleet and, since the bogie frames and traction motors of 86259 were perfectly serviceable, a swap of the wheelsets would leave 246 capable of being mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.