• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anglia Railways Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steddenm

I'm sure it is just coincidence. The original Anglia Television logo is similar to Anglia Railways, but the more recent (pre-ITV plc) logo was much removed.

AngliaTelevisionKnight.png
Original Anglia Television logo with Knight on a charger

Anglia_Television_logo_%281988-1999%29.png

Anglia Television triangle logo

1280px-Anglia_railways_logo.svg.png

Anglia Railways logo with yellow sun as the dot in the i.

On Moderation
I'm sure it is just coincidence. The original Anglia Television logo is similar to Anglia Railways, but the more recent (pre-ITV plc) logo was much removed.

View attachment 96643

Anglia Television triangle logo
That version of the Anglia TV logo reminds me of one of the various iterations of the WAGN logo!

Clarence Yard

Established Member
It wasn’t a coincidence - the similarity was deliberate. It was done to subliminally place the TOC within the whole Anglia population as a recognisably local organisation.

Anglia were very strong on being an integral part of the local community. I really enjoyed my time there

Veteran Member
It wasn’t a coincidence - the similarity was deliberate. It was done to subliminally place the TOC within the whole Anglia population as a recognisably local organisation.
From the logos so far posted I see no similarity.

On Moderation
From the logos so far posted I see no similarity.
There's a distinct similarity between the lettering on the first Anglia TV logo and the Anglia Railways logo.

StephenHunter

Established Member
As an interesting side note, the ITV studios in Norwich still have "Anglia Television" on the side.

Devonian

Of course, there was also the West Anglia Great Northern logo, which does not seem to have been entirely unrelated to the blue and yellow triangles of the later Anglia Television logo ...

Wagn.jpg

92282-6a60cac0ec24d8418840705cf654f9c0.jpg

dk1

Veteran Member
I’m finding this hilarious. Is it just me or is the only similarity the letter A?

Status
Not open for further replies.