• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Angry trainspotter 'threatens to break disabled teen's legs' in Walsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

433N

Probably best to avoid him if you see him.

Probably best to avoid them both.

I do find this spotter thing of barging to get the best photo ever which no one is ever going to see, a little bit bizarre. I mean get a grip dudes ... and actually I include dudettes in that because I've seem similarly testosterone-fuelled, obsessive behaviour from middle-aged ladies over steam trains.

I think the autism thing is a complete non-issue here . Whilst I have some (perhaps limited) understanding of the range of issues faced by people who are on the spectrum and issues surrounding interaction in social situations, are people really saying that the 'victim' can't read, or has no inkling, that the other guy is angry and that goading him to be aggressive and 'go on then' and break his legs is a good thing to do ; if so, why is he filming him if he thinks the other guy's behaviour isn't abnormal. There are many, many places where he would get a battering for that and for his own safety, if he is unable to read that level of anger in people, then his carers really need to take more interest to ensure his safety. Most people with autism that I know, prefer to work to improve their social interaction skills.

I don't have to make allowances for anyone being autistic, I take people as I find them. If I want to interact with someone, it is because it is pleasant interacting with them; if I don't, I won't. I feel no compulsion to interact with people that I don't want to whatever their issues (or mine) are.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Statto

Established Member
Off topic, but that Birmingham Mail page is almost unviewable on my mobile - the content shifts around, adverts crowd in on the screen and it seems to scroll up and down randomly (Chrome on Android). Seems to look ok on a PC though, but who uses those, these days? :)

Typical of the sites run by Trinity Mirror, now Reach PLC, unviewable without adblock, & most of the stories are garbage clickbait anyway

tom73

Off topic, but that Birmingham Mail page is almost unviewable on my mobile - the content shifts around, adverts crowd in on the screen and it seems to scroll up and down randomly (Chrome on Android). Seems to look ok on a PC though, but who uses those, these days? :)

Proud PC user here kind of wondering how forum members would feel if they witnessed a total stranger pointing a camera at them, even if said camera was supposedly being used for another genuine purpose

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Proud PC user here kind of wondering how forum members would feel if they witnessed a total stranger pointing a camera at them, even if said camera was supposedly being used for another genuine purpose

you have cameras pointed at you almost every second of the day. They are all controlled by total strangers.

Poor spatial awareness can mean anything from not understanding when standing too close to somebody and invading their personal space
And goodness knows enough train spotters (autistic or not) seem to suffer with that. Nowadays I won't go anywhere near the end of a platform on a decent-sized station, thanks to many past instances of spotters bizarrely thinking that I have the slightest desire for them to invade my personal space and talk at me about trains.
So does my very low tolerance for what I judge to be the stupidity of the general public.
My abruptness can come across as rudeness, so that should be allowed for when conversing with me and not held against me or my actions.
I feel much the same. The capacity for homo sapiens to act with remarkable stupidity and thoughtlessness never ceases to amaze / depress me and, as a result, I don't suffer fools gladly. Thus I can be somewhat abrasive and people are happy to mention this to me, yet they are far less amenable to having their own shortcomings pointed out to them.
you have cameras pointed at you almost every second of the day. They are all controlled by total strangers.
And how many of us ever think that every time we look at our smartphones someone may well be looking back at us through the front-facing camera?

Oscar46016

Not only that, he's banned from most of the shops in his area for abusive language to shopkeepers. He's been done for assaulting a shopkeeper as well.

Not trying to name and shame or anything but the man is unstable. It's about time his behaviour was brought to the attention of a wider audience.

Which one?

By the way I suggest we may need to have another "Taylor" report - segregation on platforms and all-seater spotting areas.
That'll stop all this nonsense..

furnessvale

Established Member
And how many of us ever think that every time we look at our smartphones someone may well be looking back at us through the front-facing camera?
If they want to look down my earhole, best of luck to them, 'cause that is where my phone is!

Status
Not open for further replies.