• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Announcement competition (with a prize!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's been ages since we had an announcement competition, so ...

To enter you have to make the following announcement for an Inverness to Penzance Cross Country service!

Platform 1 for the 07:00 Virgin Trains service to Penzance, calling at:-

Carrbridge
Aviemore
Kingussie
Pitlochry
Dunkeld and Birnam
Perth
Ladybank
Kirkcaldy
Inverkeithing
Edinburgh Haymarket
Edinburgh Waverley
Dunbar
Berwick-upon-Tweed
Alnmouth
Newcastle
Chester-le-street
Durham
Darlington
Northallerton
York
Doncaster
Sheffield
Chesterfield
Derby
Birmingham New Street
Cheltenham Spa
Bristol Parkway
Bristol Temple Meads
Taunton
Tiverton Parkway
Exeter St Davids
Newton Abbot
Plymouth
Liskeard
Bodmin Parkway
Lostwithiel
Par
St Austell
Truro
Redruth
Camborne
St Erth
Penzance

Due to arrive into Penzance at 21:00.

The prize is £5 off the price of the proposed Class 37 trip in June.
(NOTE: There will be no alternative prize available, and only the overall winner can claim the prize, it cannot be shared and is not transferable, and is subject to the conditions of that trip which will be announced closer to the time).

The judges decision is final!

In order to enter you must record the announcement and save it in WMA or MP3 format and send to me by arrangement (You can save as WMA easily if using Windows Movie Maker, use FM quality audio). Any files larger than 600KB will be rejected, but they should be considerably smaller than that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
laverack222 said:
What's the closing date?
At least 7 days, to give people a chance to use a PC with a mic (or get/fix a mic if they wish) and also to practice if they wish. I'll announce a closing date shortly.

Daniel

Established Member
Please dont make it soon, as I am buying a new mic/headset that will take at least 7 days to arrive :(

( <( stupid CPC <( )

Julian G

Established Member
will my announcement between Exeter St.Davids to Penzance will be accepted ;) ;) <D :P

jonb

Established Member
1288gaje said:
will my announcement between Exeter St.Davids to Penzance will be accepted ;) ;) <D :P

And why do you think that then, can't pronounce some of the harder ones up North?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
1288gaje said:
If so, it will get a very low mark. :roll:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's fairly easy yes, but only the best will win! But at the moment you have a high chance of winning!

Just record the announcement using any software you wish. Windows comes with Sound Recorder, for example.

AJP

I understand now :oops: I thought you meant who could remember them but obviosly that would be immpossible :cry: :oops:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've had hardly any entries, so I am extending the closing date until Friday 4 November.

Status
Not open for further replies.