• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Announcement from the DVLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency has recently published the following announcement
In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially
dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than
average IQ and driving ability to display a warning flag.

The flag, (comprising of a red cross on a white background) will be
attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required.
;) :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Chaz said:
Does this apply to Old People and Sunday Drivers?
blomin hope so, the 1 biggest cause of Bus delays on a Sundays!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Most bus delays are caused by those idiots who stand around on the pavement and put their hand out to make the bus stop and then try and get on. To make matters worse they then wait until the bus is nicely going again and press that bell thing that makes the bus have to stop. Of cource, by delaying the bus so it isn't running early, this gives more of these irritating morons chance to do the same, so it gets worse. The drivers then try and get back the lost time, only to get stuck behind some idiot in a car crawling around at 30mph, and of cource on narrow residential streets it's almost impossible to pass them.

Simming

I love the cornish when it comes to this

As you know most cornish are all "Anti England" and all that b0110cks, yet most cars down here have the england flags on them!!

devon_metro

Established Member
Simming said:
I love the cornish when it comes to this

As you know most cornish are all "Anti England" and all that b0110cks, yet most cars down here have the england flags on them!!

What cornwall do you live in :p That's news to me!

Coxster

Established Member
Here's a van and house in my road. I can count 5 flags on the van and four on the house!

EnglandVanAndHouse.jpg

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ive seen a 150 with a small england flag on the front plus theres 87006 and 82126 with england buffers:D

LondonBVE

Cockfosters said:
23rd April

I thought your were getting ready for National Day. Ok National Day is on 9 August getting ready to attend for the last National Day going to held at the old National Stadium. Sobbed, never mind a new national stadium is under construction.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
We've got two England flags for the car here and one enormous one suitable for wearing like a cape (particularly useful to be wearing when travelling in England on a Voyager that gets...caped. Worst. Joke. Ever. I'll get my coat), but none of them are donned or used very often. I was looking forward to doing so today, but last night in that last minute of normal time...

As for the original post here, ROFL! I thought it were to be a serious thing until I started reading it, brilliant stuff!

EDIT: VA51 SAR has two England flags donned in the front by the driver's cab too. Several First buses in Worcester yesterday were noted sporting England flags on the rear right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.