• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Announcements are too quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack123

Hello!!
Ive just been adding some annoucements to the old BVE Circle line, and its all working however, the annoucements are very quiet and with the noisy motor sounds of the C Stock, make it almost impossible to hear. Is the any way I can possibly boost the annoucement level?? Make them more louder???
Please help!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jack123

I have, on the loudest volume but, with very loud speakers, but it still comes out quiet, is there any software what i could use to boost it up a bit??

valenta

I have, on the loudest volume but, with very loud speakers, but it still comes out quiet, is there any software what i could use to boost it up a bit??

I'm not aware of any software being available, are you using speakers which are attached to your computer?

Jack123

Basically the recordings are a decent level when you play them in windows media player, but in bve they are very quiet, even with external speakers the motor sound towers over the annoucement.

Jordy

Established Member
Download Audacity, open it, drag one of the sound files into the window, press CTRL+A to select all, click "Effect" at the top then select "Amplify" - the "Amplification (dB)" value will be as high as it can go without distortion, if it is showing as 0 or a small number then you probably can't do much - otherwise click OK and it will make it louder. Then click "File" and "Export" and save the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.