• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Annoying Railworks 3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum112233

Hello all.
I have an annoying problem which I was hoping someone could help with.

When I run Railworks with TSX turned OFF I get a problem where the image 'flickers'. Pretty much everything disappears off the screen for a split second then everything goes back to normal. The problem happens in all trains and on all routes. I can't think what it could be :s

Heres a video. It happens at about 19 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0I7u8jNku8

Any help or advice would be good.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lewisb

I get the same with it on or off but I think mine is different as it only seems to happen when a large amount of scenery is required (such as stations), my issue I believe is to be around my CPU bottleneck.

Are you running minimum specs for the game?

callum112233

2.66ghz core 2 duo processor, Nvidia GTX285 (1Gb) card and 4gb of memory

It sometimes happens to me when TSX is on too.

lewisb

Looks like you have very similar specs to mine, are you running Vista? Are there any other background programs running whilst your playing TS2012?

Either way I don't thinks its the game, well i'm not blaming it in my case just my flagging laptop!!lol

callum112233

I run game booster, so that should terminate all the unnecessary processes running in the background. I also turn off my anti virus before I play.

Maybe we'll just have to live with it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.