• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Annual Gold Card Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrykas

Established Member
Hi, Does anyone know if a refund is payable when changing over a duplicate season ticket?

No refunds are given on Duplicate season tickets (as opposed to Replacement tickets issued when they stop working in the barriers, which are treated the same as the original ticket).

Instead, the value of the refund is added as extra days when doing the change-over, providing that doesn't take it over 12 months from the day of issue of said change-over.

Cheers,

Barry

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
I would be shocked if it was not treated the same as an original ticket.

Have you been told it's not possible? The value of £0.00 listed on the ticket shouldn't pose a problem. You may find it easier to go to the station that issued it, or another operated by the same train company, as they will have the full records of when the original ticket was issued.

For the purposes of fraud prevention, it's not going to be treated the same as an original ticket.

It's only if there is reasonable proof that the original season ticket is not being misused that a refund can be considered. One such proof is the original season ticket being found and handed in within a certain period of it being lost.

Last edited:

PavlosA

Morning all

My good friends at the Trainline advise me that in order for an employee to receive a refund on her Oyster card, she must submit the Gold Record Card at the same time. I've asked them to point me to the terms that state this as I can't see this anywhere in the Oyster Conditions or NRCOC. In fact, the only mention of Gold Record Card seems to be in relation to concessionary tickets.

Any ideas? They are suggesting we have to apply for a duplicate first (with admin charge) and then a refund!!!

Also, is it possible to get a duplicate for a lost/stolen Gold Record Card, without going through the full Oyster duplicate process? This is for someone who does not want to refund...

Thanks

Pavlos
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ah no worries, they've backtracked on the refund after I said the above. Still wonder if you can obtain a replacement Record Card...

Status
Not open for further replies.