• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Annual Travelcard Z1-4 Gold Card discount and HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_stoat

Hi all

I am probably overthinking this.

I use High Speed quite a lot as my Mum lives on Sheppey. I usually travel with my Daughter on a Friends & Family Railcard buying a nicely discounted off peak open return (going on a Friday evening, returning on a Sunday)

This evening, I am travelling by myself and have bought a Gold Card discounted open return - however, a long time ago, and the last time I travelled on HS1 without my Daughter, I asked for and was sold a Boundary Zone 4 to Sittingbourne open return. Of course this was rejected by the ticket inspector on the train as you cannot use travelcards on HS1, I didn't know this at the time and he sold me the correct ticket on board.

So, now I am worrying that my Gold Card discounted ticket won't be valid because it's borne out of an annual travelcard. The ticket seller at Liverpool St said it was valid but he's AGA and not Southeatern...

Am I worrying too much?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

button_boxer

Established Member
If your discounted ticket covers the journey you want to make then you're fine, you're not going to be using your travelcard to cover you for any part of the journey on HS1 but simply as evidence that you are entitled to the gold card discount.

miss_stoat

Thanks, I thought it would be valid...

I will use my travelcard to get from Liverpool St to Stratford. My open return ticket is from Stratford to Sittingbourne.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.