• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Advance anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Just been checking for return trip Hereford to Southport out 16th July, return 19th July. Specifying via Liverpool South Parkway to avoid the confusion at Moorfields due to Liverpool Central's closure during refurb.

No outbound Advances available yet, but for return leg there is one 1258 departure shown at £8.60 (with Senior railcard). Thought I'd buy that one as it's the only one currently showing, and hope the outward Advances will appear in a day or so.

However the system (eastcoast) won't let me buy just the return part when I've specified a round trip, so I amended my search to put SOP to HFD via LPY in as a one way trip, and surprise surprise that very same ticket is now £15.85!

Curiouser and curiouser.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Either somebody's snapped it up or it's somehow booked it into your basket. Clear your cookies, hope for the best and try again in two hours.

calc7

Established Member
East Coast will offer me it.
Are you sure you've remembered to switch HFD and SOP?

trainophile

Established Member
Pretty sure but off to try again >>>>

ETA: Extraordinary! Yep it's there now, I'm buying it as I type.

Apologies if it was my mistake, but I was certain I hadn't messed up. If the moderators want to delete this thread feel free - I'll post again if anything similar happens.

calc7

Established Member
Pretty sure but off to try again >>>>

ETA: Extraordinary! Yep it's there now, I'm buying it as I type.

Apologies if it was my mistake, but I was certain I hadn't messed up. If the moderators want to delete this thread feel free - I'll post again if anything similar happens.

I got the same error as you until I realised I was still trying HFD to SOP via LPY for the one-way journey. :oops:

emorris

Actually I tried it a few times when I first saw this thread, and sometimes it was available, others it wasn't.

trainophile

Established Member
Just have to wait with baited breath now in the hope of an outward ticket becoming available at less than £33! Funny there are none at all, via any route, for Monday or Tuesday, but there are some available for Weds.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually I tried it a few times when I first saw this thread, and sometimes it was available, others it wasn't.

So maybe I'm not going mad then! :(

calc7

Established Member
Just have to wait with baited breath now in the hope of an outward ticket becoming available at less than £33! Funny there are none at all, via any route, for Monday or Tuesday, but there are some available for Weds.

Nothing released for Monday and Tuesday yet AFAICT.

In the unlikely event you don't manage to get an Advance at a good price, post back here and we'll see how we can split it into a string of day singles for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.