• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another baby born on Southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
The 17:12 from St Pancras to Ramsgate is short-formed 6 v 12, because a baby girl has safely been delivered on the rear 395 sat on platform 13 at St Pancras.
This is the second 'arrival' I've heard of in the last few years, another little girl was born on a Victoria-Ashford service.

And just goes to show that 'emergency services dealing with an incident' doesn't always mean a person hit by a train ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IKB

Given the proximity of University College Hospital to St Pancras it might have been more prudent to stop by there instead!

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I dont want to reignite the emergency services dealing with an incident debate again but here is a situation where the punters would Im sure be understanding if informed??

As an aside we do, given the traction type have a pritty good idea what her sport of choice will be.

backontrack

Established Member
Techniquest is probably thinking, "lucky little so and so, they got 395 thrash when they were born... :lol:

Just kidding, congratulations to the happy couple. Hello to the baby too, provided they don't sit immediately behind me in the quiet coach on an HST I'm happy. :D

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Thinking about it its probs already committed a bylaw offence or 2, feat on seats and traveling without a ticket. Aggreed about the quiet coach thing, unless of course it happens to be quiet

I don't think under 5s need a ticket, do they?

nuneatonmark

The Victoria to Ashford one was interesting as the woman involved wasn't even pregnant when she joined the train at Victoria, but due to delays on Southeastern, she managed to get pregnant and deliver the baby before Ashford.:D

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The 17:12 from St Pancras to Ramsgate is short-formed 6 v 12, because a baby girl has safely been delivered on the rear 395 sat on platform 13 at St Pancras.
This is the second 'arrival' I've heard of in the last few years, another little girl was born on a Victoria-Ashford service.

And just goes to show that 'emergency services dealing with an incident' doesn't always mean a person hit by a train ;)

that is a nice story. I hope everyone involved is doing well

Antman

Established Member
The Victoria to Ashford one was interesting as the woman involved wasn't even pregnant when she joined the train at Victoria, but due to delays on Southeastern, she managed to get pregnant and deliver the baby before Ashford.:D

Very good:lol::lol:

That service doesn't need delays, normal service is slow enough, nothing to do with wanting to get more passengers on HS1 of course;)

AndyPJG

Did the inbound service show as an early arrival on TRUST?

Deepgreen

Established Member

In this case it was a train hit by a person!

MrB

Brilliant! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.