Another good reason to check seller's feedback on eBay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harlesden, 10 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlesden

Harlesden Member

I think most of us on here use Royal Mail for letters and packages and think nothing of it. If you are sending a package and you're not sure of the exact weight, it is common sense to take it to the nearest post office to be weighed and stamped.
    I am amazed by the number of posts from people on Yahoo! Answers who have apparently just started on eBay as a seller, but genuinely have no idea how to get the item to the buyer.
    They have sold their item and received payment, but instead of sending the item out as promptly as possible, they're on Yahoo! Answers asking how to sent it in a "What do I do?" type of way.
    Another one is people who have applied for a credit card, been approved and received the card, but now they're on Y/A asking how to use it, or how much is the minimum payment. One woman had received a card with a £300 credit limit, and she was asking how she could get £2,600 with the card because "she needed the money".
    Whatever happened to common sense? You don't get involved with things that you don't understand. I feel sorry for the person waiting for their eBay package because the seller has no idea how to get it to him.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. richw

richw Established Member

Im not the only one wondering this then. You can even go onto dhls website and arrange parcel collection

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

4. SS4

SS4 Established Member

I thought that was common knowledge. Although I learnt long ago that an overwhelming majority of Yahoo! Answers users are as thick as two short planks.

5. O L Leigh

O L Leigh Established Member

There are a large number of Y!A users who couldn't find their own backsides without having to use both hands. These are EXACTLY the kinds of questions I ignore.

O L Leigh

6. tigerroar

tigerroar Member

With ebay, I pretty much stopped using it because of the feedback system. If I buy something and pay for it promptly I've completed my side of the deal and should be given positive feedback there and then, instead if I got it at all it was when I'd given the seller positive feedback.

It's terrible as an auction site anyhow.

They should actually run live, real time auctions where you bid against each other.

7. David

David Established Member

I'm struggling to work out how to interpret that comment :?

Member A posts an auction with a 3 day limit. Members B, C and D then put in various bids against each other before member E then trumps that with a last second bid and secures the item.

All that happens in real time on the eBay website, so qualifies as a live auction.

Or have I got that wrong?

8. MidnightFlyer

MidnightFlyer Veteran Member

Unless he means everyone can see each other's bids, but other than that I too am quite confused :|

9. WestCoast

WestCoast Established Member

Is tigerroar referring to the fact that you put your maximum bid on eBay and the system automatically bids up to that amount against other bids below that figure?

10. tigerroar

tigerroar Member

Nope, like an actual auction. Your item is listed for sale at 8pm on Wednesday night and you log in and bid in real time like a proper auction.

As it is now, most things are buy it now so it's just mostly an online shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.