• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another interrrail sale (9th Feb to 15th Feb 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trei2k

InterRail have another pass sale. This time it is a 1st class pass for the cost of a 2nd class pass.

Adult pricing (internal.eu prices in Euros, MyInterRail in Pounds - other retailers are available):
  • 4 days in 1 month - €246 / £219
  • 5 days in 1 month - €282 / £251
  • 7 days in 1 month - €335 / £269
  • 10 days in two months - €401 / £357
  • 15 days in two months - €493 / £439
  • 15 days - €443 / £394
  • 22 days - €518 / £461
  • 1 month - €670 / £597
  • 2 months - €731 / £651
  • 3 months - €902 / £803

As in the previous sale, you can exchange for a fee and, I believe, are 85% refundable before travel. Although I think you can get an insurance add-on at interrail.eu that could make the product 100% refundable, but I don't know if someone is able to explain more clearly the terms of refunds. It isn't clear to me!

Someone could time this right and got a decent bargain when things open up again (in the undetermined future).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StephenHunter

Established Member
You've got 11 months to use them; I think things will be a lot better by late summer myself and I am currently planning to remount the trip I couldn't take last year in October this one.

Thewanderer

Established Member
The Government in Ireland, where I live, has already come out and said "don't expect to be allowed to take any foreign holidays in 2021". I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

StephenHunter

Established Member
He talks about that changing if reliable vaccine passports come along. Evidence from Israel is that transmission is significantly reduced by vaccination and so Varadkar is IMHO far too pessimistic.

JonathanP

Plenty of people took foreign holidays this summer so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same this summer. However, sadly, it seems to me that a country-hopping Interrail tour is probably the worst possible holiday choice in the circumstances, seeing as at anytime a country might impose quarantine restrictions based on one of the countries you previously visited.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Plenty of people took foreign holidays this summer so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same this summer. However, sadly, it seems to me that a country-hopping Interrail tour is probably the worst possible holiday choice in the circumstances, seeing as at anytime a country might impose quarantine restrictions based on one of the countries you previously visited.

The number of cases last year was much lower than at present, so possibly if if happens again. However, didn;t the EU bar everyone from outside the EU? This didn;t apply to the UK last year but would in the future. I went to Germany twice, last summer and october, and Sweden at Christmas, so who knows

StephenHunter

Established Member
The UK is currently restricted, but you can bet your bottom zloty that vaccination exemptions are going to be a thing. British tourists provide a lot of income for some countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.