• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another new C5 show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DelW

Established Member
Sorry if already mentioned. 28/5/20 Channel 5 Inside the Steam Train Museum.
Quite a low-key presentation, which is a nice change from the breathless narration that plagues some documentaries these days. Much of the time the staff and volunteers were just allowed to speak for themselves with no voiceover.
I got the impression that they were enjoying what they did. I haven't been to Bressingham for many years, since I rarely get to East Anglia now, but I'd be tempted to revisit (when possible of course), based on this series so far.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
I've never been to Bressingham but it looks an interesting place. It's nice not to have the usual inane commentary and fake tension that normally accompanies this type of programme.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The next episode of "Inside the Steam Train Museum" (Channel 5, Thursday 4th June 2020, 7.00 p.m.) is again set at charity-funded Bressingham Steam Museum (near Diss in Norfolk) and features restored Victorian tank engine 'Martello' . This is episode two of five.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The next episode of "Inside the Steam Train Museum" (Channel 5, Thursday 4th June 2020, 7.00 p.m.) is again set at charity-funded Bressingham Steam Museum (near Diss in Norfolk) and features restored Victorian tank engine 'Martello' . This is episode two of five.

I think the whole series is at Bressingham?

I'd prefer them to show it at 20.00 or 21.00 rather than 19.00 though - there is at least the plus one on this channel.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

The production on this programme seems different to other documentaries of this genre, with less back ground music, less input from the narrator; preferring instead to focus on what the Bressingham personnel are saying. Makes me wonder if the series was finished in a hurry to fill a schedule gap left by the Covid lockdown

Ashley Hill

Established Member
In tonight's show one of the volunteers expressed his opinion that with each generation the interest in steam preservation dies. True or false?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The next episode of "Inside the Steam Train Museum" (Channel Five, Thursday 11th June 2020, 7.00 p.m.) shows the enthusiastic volunteers at Bressingham decorating the site for a Halloween event and dressing up in order to scare the public on a ghost train. Such fun! Episode three of five.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Think that tomorrow's episode of "Inside the Steam Train Museum" is still being broadcast as previously scheduled, but I can't see any episode listed for next Thursday (18th June 2020).

Has it been pulled / rescheduled already? :rolleyes:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Can't see anything listed for Thursday 25th June 2020 either. Presumably this new series has been unceremoniously shunted into the sidings.

DelW

Established Member
My listings mag for the 18th showed the changed programme in the 7pm slot - that will have been printed a week and a half ago, so C5 must have pulled the Bressingham series after no more than two episodes.

It also shows another (allegedly) new railway series at 8pm today (18th) on Channel 5, "Africa by Train with Chris Tarrant”. That didn't appear, being replaced by a repeat of a warship documentary, without explanation or apologies. An episode of the warship series is listed again for 8pm next Thursday (25th).

The subsequent programme, on canal building, was listed as being about the Grand Union on the 18th, and the Leeds and Liverpool on the 25th - but both were included in tonight's broadcast.

Channel 5's scheduling does seem to be shambolic, they're constantly doing this sort of thing, as well as passing off edited repeats as if they were new.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
C5 must have pulled the Bressingham series after no more than two episodes.

Channel 5's scheduling does seem to be shambolic, they're constantly doing this sort of thing, as well as passing off edited repeats as if they were new.
Ain't that the truth?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.