• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgsh2011

We have rules in this country, one of which being that you don't prosecute people who are mentally unfit to do so. That MP has been judged by an independent doctor to be unfit, so we do not prosecute her until such time as she is fit to stand trial.

Thanks for that lesson in law and Court procedure. I must have missed out on that module during my time at Uni, professional training, and subsequent practice!

I was being ironic; however, you are quite correct. A judge made a ruling that the former MP was unfit to stand trial and he acted on independent expert evidence. I shall refrain from any form of irony less I be subject to lessons on the rule of law again. I noticed in an earlier contribution to this thread I was given another "law lesson" in that it is apparently illegal to "abuse railway staff". Something, incidentally, which is complete "codswallop". It is illegal to abuse anyone in public.

Anyway moving back to the topic I found this report.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hotel+porter+locked+up+for+credit+card+fraud.-a082346326

Now ASSUMING the Peter Young in the report is one and the same person there is an interesting link there to David Laws MP being one of his "victims" back in 2002.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
He's been making a habit of it for years, I know that. Funnily enough, I know someone who refused to take a CC off him over the buffet a few years ago, with the direct statement "I'm not taking that from you, you use dodgy cards", to get the reply "I've learned my lesson, I'm legit now"!!

tgsh2011

He's been making a habit of it for years, I know that. Funnily enough, I know someone who refused to take a CC off him over the buffet a few years ago, with the direct statement "I'm not taking that from you, you use dodgy cards", to get the reply "I've learned my lesson, I'm legit now"!!

That was a "brave" staff member on the buffet who said that lol!

What intrigues me is the coach company he set up! How on earth did he manage that one!

Flamingo

Established Member
One of the old and bold!

As regards setting up the coach company, I know someone who is a small business startup adviser, and his busiest place for regular appointments is the local prison...

anthony263

Established Member
That was a "brave" staff member on the buffet who said that lol!

What intrigues me is the coach company he set up! How on earth did he manage that one!

I know your are not the only person who has wondered that myself included.

I did think it was brave of the coach operatoprs to sign up to the contracts to operate those coach services.

Would have been nice if they had actually run the day I wished to travel on one

crystal49

Thanks for that lesson in law and Court procedure. I must have missed out on that module during my time at Uni, professional training, and subsequent practice!

I was being ironic; however, you are quite correct. A judge made a ruling that the former MP was unfit to stand trial and he acted on independent expert evidence. I shall refrain from any form of irony less I be subject to lessons on the rule of law again. I noticed in an earlier contribution to this thread I was given another "law lesson" in that it is apparently illegal to "abuse railway staff". Something, incidentally, which is complete "codswallop". It is illegal to abuse anyone in public.

Anyway moving back to the topic I found this report.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hotel+porter+locked+up+for+credit+card+fraud.-a082346326

Now ASSUMING the Peter Young in the report is one and the same person there is an interesting link there to David Laws MP being one of his "victims" back in 2002.

That is very interesting and I am 100% sure he is one and the same. For reasons of anonimity I can't divulge why I know.
I am sure there will be hotels up and down the country also being fleeced by this conman. I think I heard once he stayed at Travel Lodges on his many travels.

Flamingo

Established Member
Just to resurrect an old thread. This pillock came up in conversation over the last few days, and I'm unable to find out what happened to him April 2nd at his sentencing hearing, google is not showing anything. Anybody able to find out?

ilkestonian

Just to resurrect an old thread. This pillock came up in conversation over the last few days, and I'm unable to find out what happened to him April 2nd at his sentencing hearing, google is not showing anything. Anybody able to find out?

My money is on sentencing delayed awaiting reports on the poor so and so's medical condition...

crystal49

My money is on sentencing delayed awaiting reports on the poor so and so's medical condition...

He was around up until about 3 weeks ago and has now disappeared. His wife is still at home, which is unusual as he would drag her everywhere. My money is on that he is a resident of the 'Big Hoose'. :lol:

Flamingo

Established Member
You never know. I wonder how sympathetic they will be to his various ailments if that is his current address?

crystal49

Hi all
Just to let you know that if you want an interesting read about our friend Peter, then you can find him on Facebook. Search under 'Peter Young Giffnock'. His profile pic is a train, funnily enough.
It appears he is still travelling the country and eating out. How he does it off disability benefit, I don't know. I was surprised that I was allowed to read all he was getting up to and not being a 'friend'. Keep going to older posts, it makes some good reading.

Just had a look at his facebook page out of curiosity after spotting this post thanks crystal49. It would appear that he is very blazee about what he gets upto, i did note that he likes going to edinburgh and glasgow to "clear his head" and using weatherspoons for dining and thier free wifi and blames his poor wife for not having it at home. by the way it's not normally something i would do as i don't know the chap but this thread kinda got me interested.

Dr.iver

Hi all
Just to let you know that if you want an interesting read about our friend Peter, then you can find him on Facebook. Search under 'Peter Young Giffnock'. His profile pic is a train, funnily enough.
It appears he is still travelling the country and eating out. How he does it off disability benefit, I don't know. I was surprised that I was allowed to read all he was getting up to and not being a 'friend'. Keep going to older posts, it makes some good reading.

I'm intrigued but I can't seem to find that name on Facebook

syorksdeano

I managed to find him on Facebook. Judging by his statuses and comments, apart from playing the disability card on the 28th May it looked like he was going for sentencing. But he has posted after that so could it be that sentencing was adjourned?

After all he admitted to 8 counts but denied a further similar 8 charges. Maybe (and hopefully) he was found guilty of those charges and is awaiting sentencing which could account for his 'rough life' at the moment.

I'm intrigued but I can't seem to find that name on Facebook

just type in his name start typing giffnock pause after typing giff then it should bring him up, the picture is of a kettle with a royal looking crest on the front.

graeme

syorksdeano

His favourite movie is Dirty Dancing :oops:

Well when he gets sent down he will certainly be having the 'time of his life'.....just like he seems to be at everyone's expense
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And Steps wtf!!!

He probably sang one of their songs as he was defrauding the train companies.

Which cheque book shall I use today '5 6 7 8'

crystal49

Quotes from his Facebook:
"You know me I don't do hospitals" .......WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'll walk the West Highland Way"......... IS THAT WITH OR WITHOUT CRUTCHES!!!!!!!
Did you see he even held up a plane for 67 minutes.
I'm glad I gave you all a laugh. :)

syorksdeano

Quotes from his Facebook:
"You know me I don't do hospitals" .......WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'll walk the West Highland Way"......... IS THAT WITH OR WITHOUT CRUTCHES!!!!!!!
Did you see he even held up a plane for 67 minutes.
I'm glad I gave you all a laugh. :)

He can't even go into a rant without having me in stiches

RPI

Established Member
I've encountered this muppet before attempting to buy a First Open return from Taunton to Fort William telling me that i would need to swipe the card, tried chip and pin and surprise surprise it was declined, told him i would have to ring to get authorisation, went to get my book with the card auth number etc in and he bailed at Weston before i got back to him.

crystal49

I keep checking his facebook page and he is still travelling. He seems to go to a place to use their internet and then back. He must still be using phoney cards??? How can he be stopped?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What I also meant to say was, if you look back his old posts, he is planning on suing a bus company as well as social services. If you recall my earlier posts.

anthony263

Established Member
Just been having a look at his facebook page and I have warned the freinds I know to watch out for him.

crystal49

Surely rail and bus companies have employee magazines to alert all staff of this kind of pest.

bnm

Established Member
And some of the comments here are a little close to the knuckle.

He may be a bit of a rogue, and it's on record that he has convictions for various offences, but he's received and served sentences for those, so is the character assassination and trial by forum really necessary?

anthony263

Established Member
They've got to be careful what they say about people - since this idiot sounds rather litigious - it's tricky dealing with people like him

Yes which is why the only way some staff can be alerted if he is spotted is by fellow drivers over the radio or by being told in person by other members of staff although you have to make sure he doesnt see this happening as he doesnt need any excuse to sue someone or go crying to the press.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Watch out cos at some point it crosses a line and becomes harassment. Or possibly libellous. Or something you can sue for anyway.

Flamingo

Established Member
And some of the comments here are a little close to the knuckle.

He may be a bit of a rogue, and it's on record that he has convictions for various offences, but he's received and served sentences for those, so is the character assassination and trial by forum really necessary?

Yes!

He is not "a bit of a rogue", he is a multiply convicted criminal and fraudster, with a taste for vexatious litigation. The more people aware of him the better, and if he sees that people are aware of his criminal modus operand and identity, then he might think twice. He's a bloody pest.

Status
Not open for further replies.