• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic1989

Established Member
He's still on the move. According to his Facebook he was on a daytrip to Oban 5 hours ago.
Love how one of his friends commented on his status yesterday.

Watz ur job then pete cuz ur always on trains lol

to which he replied

i am now disabled so i dont work no more

So he's NOW disabled???? Seems funny that he has been claiming to be disabled for a few years by all accounts. Genuine this time maybe?

Also seems to go to places soley for the free wi-fi too.

Anyone dare me to add him? <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I was rather tempted to do so myself just so I could amuse myself by reading his posts but I thought better not.

I am surprised he hasnt registered an account on here to moan and complain although I am sure one of us would alert the mods

richw

Veteran Member
Watch out cos at some point it crosses a line and becomes harassment. Or possibly libellous. Or something you can sue for anyway.

Stating factual events is neither harassment or libellous.

bnm

Established Member
And neither is he a fraudulent claimer of benefit. Jumping to such a conclusion based on his Facebook updates is just wrong. But go ahead and tittle-tattle to the Benefit Fraud Hotline if it will make you feel better to shop someone without a shred of credible evidence.

All you holier than thou folks in your ivory towers, keep going to town on this guy. :roll:

At least, AFAIK, he's not aware of this thread and isn't a member of the forum. I'd consider it harassment and bullying if it was directed at me.

But I guess this forum needs someone to poke fun at. A target chosen simply because he has been convicted of a crime that involved your dear precious railways.

Skimble19

Established Member
He's still on the move. According to his Facebook he was on a daytrip to Oban 5 hours ago.
Love how one of his friends commented on his status yesterday.

to which he replied

So he's NOW disabled???? Seems funny that he has been claiming to be disabled for a few years by all accounts. Genuine this time maybe?

Also seems to go to places soley for the free wi-fi too.

Anyone dare me to add him? <D

I'm sure there are a lot of disabled people who wouldn't be too amused by the way hes effectively saying that because he's disabled he no longer needs/wants to work.. It's exactly the kind of attitude that does nobody any favours and really doesn't need to exist these days.

deltic1989

Established Member
I'm sure there are a lot of disabled people who wouldn't be too amused by the way hes effectively saying that because he's disabled he no longer needs/wants to work.. It's exactly the kind of attitude that does nobody any favours and really doesn't need to exist these days.

I feel the same way. I have a friend that is wheelchair bound and he still works, and we only have to look at the Paralympians competing in London to see that disability need not be a bar to activity.

crystal49

And some of the comments here are a little close to the knuckle.

He may be a bit of a rogue, and it's on record that he has convictions for various offences, but he's received and served sentences for those, so is the character assassination and trial by forum really necessary?

He hasn't received sentences for all his crimes, which I think the use of crutches or wheelchair lets him off with. And before the PC Brigade gets out their rule book, he can walk at some speed without any help when it suits.
I have entered into his 'character assassination' as you put it because I have been on the receiving end of his litigation. Great how Legal Aid can make him sue at the drop of a hat. Not only was I paying for my defence but was paying his also through my taxes. If I can avoid anyone else from having to go through that then I am happy to pass on my experiences of the pest. <(

chris89

Established Member

A lot wouldn't. Many do want to work. I know my father would love to. But current situation and where we live and his age will stop that.

I for one can't see how he can possibly afford to do all this travelling by rail whilst on DLA which i imagine would only be low or middle rate. As my dad is on Middle rate and bills come first and money that is not used or needed normally go towards saving incase needed or for his hobbies.

Chris

Flamingo

Established Member
It's because he doesn't pay he can do all this travelling

Darandio

Established Member
He sounds like the type of fella that will find a lot of flies in his soup.

tgsh2011

A few points: -

1. None of us know the current position with his supposed ongoing proceedings. It may well be that he has been sentenced, received a non custodial sentence, and that is now the end of the matter. Equally, it could be that sentence on matters decided remain in abeyance whilst outstanding matters proceed through the court (which is normal).

2. Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 will soon be amended by LASPO Act 2012, with significantly reduced rehabilitation periods before an offence is considered spent. Publishing details of a SPENT conviction CAN support a claim for Defamation. So, in future months once the provisions of this Act come into force (still awaiting the commencement order) we will all have to be careful what we discuss on an open forum.

3. Vexatious Litigant. This is a tough test, requires an application to the High Court by the Attorney General. Will only be made when a litigant has a history of bringing claims, which are totally without merit. This does not mean that someone disagrees with the claim, or even that a litigant lost, it means claims without LEGAL merit (i.e. a succession of hopeless claims).

It seems to me far too much attention is given to this gentleman and his "adventures". Should he cross the line then the relevant legal/enforcement agencies will deal with him. He is entitled to go about his business if that is lawful and none of us on here know what his business may or may not currently be. To summarise, move on!

Temple Meads

Established Member
I agree with the last poster, this is turning into a witch hunt in my opinion.

This fellow is obviously unsavoury, but it's getting a tad silly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.