• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another well done for ATW

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmanche

Established Member
Like 6Gman, I was at Chester on Thursday - and I also have praise for ATW.

I got off 1W88 (15:21 Cardiff-Holyhead) and a few minutes later realised that I'd left a bag containing my laptop on the train. The staff provided excellent customer service; making some calls, contacting the staff at Llandudno Junction who contacted the guard of 1W88 - who found the bag. And they got the bag back to me (complete with all its contents) in under 2 hours.

So a massive thanks to the ATW staff at Chester, Llandudno Junction and the guards on 1W88 and 1K72.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Good to hear. So often all you hear is complaints, so it's great to see someone actually openly praising a TOC, and it's impressive that ATW acted so quickly.

Crossover

Established Member
Actually, I would echo this. A few weeks back, I left my bag on the train towards Pembroke Dock, which I left at Crewe...d'oh!

I enqured at the VT office at Crewe, who couldn't do much because of it not being their train, but did a bot of calling around. After it failed to be taken off at Shrewsbury for whatever reason (I have suspicision that Crewe giving Shrewsbury the wrong headcode may have had a part to play), Crewe wouldn't do anything for another hour until the service was about to reach the next manned station at Hereford, by which point I was starting to think I was wasting my time hanging around in Crewe with staff who weren't overly helpful.

I decided to, on a whim, get a ticket and go to Shrewsbury, where the next train was due to arrive before the one in front got to Hereford, in the hope I may find more luck.

Getting there I quickly found the customer enquiries desk on Shrewsbury platform, and explained the situation. The called Hereford (this time, with the correct details and telling them where in the train it was...I could remember in almost minute detail where it was!)
Being due in a few minutes, they advised me to come back in 15 mins or so and they'd update me on how they got on (II was thinking that, at least, if I had to collect it from Hereford, I was only an hour away and not still stuck in Crewe)

Going back to the desk, I was advised that Hereford had got it off and sent it back on the next service towards Manchester (which conveniently happened to also be the service I needed to go back to Crewe) and I met the guard about an hour later and retrieved my bag.

Had I not gone to Shrewsbury, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been. The staff at Shrewsbury (once I got there) were very helpful in trying to sort things out for me, which was great :)

6Gman

Established Member

I got off 1W88 (15:21 Cardiff-Holyhead) and a few minutes later realised that I'd left a bag containing my laptop on the train. The staff provided excellent customer service; making some calls, contacting the staff at Llandudno Junction who contacted the guard of 1W88 - who found the bag. And they got the bag back to me (complete with all its contents) in under 2 hours.

So a massive thanks to the ATW staff at Chester, Llandudno Junction and the guards on 1W88 and 1K72.

That's 6G for you!

:)

tirphil

Comments like this make our efforts worthwhile. We try our best.

6Gman

Established Member
Which is?

Llandudno Junction Motive Power Depot was coded 7A, but was then downgraded to be part of the Chester District, and thus became 6G.

When the area was redeveloped the access road was named "6G Road", which is probably the only road in Britain to be named after a shed code!

My grandfather was Shop Officeman there from c.1919 to 1952; my father was on the footplate there from 1947 to 1966.

SIGGY56

Llandudno Junction Motive Power Depot was coded 7A, but was then downgraded to be part of the Chester District, and thus became 6G.

When the area was redeveloped the access road was named "6G Road", which is probably the only road in Britain to be named after a shed code!

My grandfather was Shop Officeman there from c.1919 to 1952; my father was on the footplate there from 1947 to 1966.

The book that came out about 5 years ago on 7A/6G shed is a good read. Few familiar faces seen in the book, only a handful or so left nowadays of the old footplate staff.

AlexS

Established Member
ATW's lost property all ends up at Newport station there's an office on the city center side of the new footbridge.

I suspect you'll find most station staff and traincrew, if something is reported missing and found, will try and get items back to their owners long before they go into the 'Lost Property Office' system. Certainly we keep them for up to 3 months or so if we have space before sending them to the central office.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle

Good to hear the system works well,

telstarbox

Established Member

Or "Ffordd 6G" as Google Maps has it!

Status
Not open for further replies.