• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Antalya, Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Just been on my holibobs to Turkey and flew into Antalya and and convinced that I flew over a railway line but try as I might can't find it on google maps. We flew due south onto the western runway at Antalya and the line looked to go SEE to NWW.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Catracho

You probably saw Antalya's T1 Light Rail Line that runs to the north of the airport (with a branch connecting to it) in the median of the D400 road. Don't know why you can't find it on google maps though, it is clearly visible there.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Yep, done a bit of searching from the airport and eventually discovered it. Being in the middle of the road however means that it isn't clearly visible.

Catracho

Fair point, it was the rather massive triangular junction of the airport branch that immediately caught my eye ;)

tigerroar

On Moderation
from the plane I didn't see any triangular junctions, I just saw the line going in the direction that I described in my original post so I was looking for that, so that junction wouldn't have caught my eye.

Catracho

As soon as you look at the airport and its surroundings on google maps that junction literally jumps at you. I have never been to Antalya, was looking for the line based on your description and yet I saw it immediately. And if that junction is not a clear indication of the presence of a railway line, I don't know what is. Sorry for trying to answer your question.

Last edited:

tigerroar

On Moderation
Thanks for answering, I just didn't like your condescending angle. You might be aware that when I described where I saw the line I wasn't at the airport, I was in the air some way away from the airport so I wouldn't have looked at the airport but some distance further north. The only time I saw anything other than that was on my return when the coach took as back and saw a light rail thing up on a viaduct which I initially thought might've been a transit between the two terminals.

Thanks again, but in future, wind it in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.