Antisocial behaviour between Godalming & Guildford

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by pompeyfan, 14 Oct 2019.

1. 387star

387star On Moderation

Least it's not DOO

2. pompeyfan

pompeyfan Established Member

as much as I agree, let’s not open that can of worms!!

3. Monty

Monty Established Member

You can get the signal bell to work if you can get to a cab and activate your door key switch. But yes it won't work from a guards operation panel over a certain speed.

4. Surreyman

Surreyman Member

I live in this area and use the trains 'Off Peak', haven't experienced this behaviour myself but maybe just been lucky.
    A few days ago, was at Woking and noticed 2 staff members patrolling the platforms wearing light blue High Viz jackets with lettering along the lines of 'welfare xxx' etc, not seen this before, assume that as well as anti social behaviour, they are watching out for potential suicides, the mentally ill, Drug addicts/Couriers and elderly people/just plain confused? Anyone know more?

5. bramling

bramling Established Member

Just because it's a "posh" town doesn't mean there aren't issues. Just recently I had a friend staying with me from Grimsby, taking him around Hitchin and Letchworth - which would generally be regarded as posh - he commented that the schoolkids are worse behaved than in Grimsby.

6. dctraindriver

dctraindriver Member

No feral lot mainly from the Binscombe area in Farncombe....

7. Barn

Barn Established Member

Indeed - this sounds far worse than anything I've seen on thousands of journeys to and from the depths of S.E London.

8. westv

westv Established Member

Not all of Godalming is "posh". Part of it rates at 10878 out of 32844 (the higher the better) in the current Index of Multiple Deprivation info.

9. Meerkat

Meerkat Established Member

Knew someone who taught at a school in Farncombe.
    Some very serious social issues. It was implied that there were a number of large families where no one had worked since the farms stopped employing significant numbers several generations ago.
    Isn’t this all on CCTV?

10. Flange Squeal

Flange Squeal Member

‘Welfare & Trespass Officers’ - agency staff you’ll see particularly at many of the stations north of Woking on the main since the recent spike in fatalities on the SWR network over the last few months.

11. baz962

baz962 Established Member

There Was a welfare and trespass officer at Richmond today.

12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Member

They are at many many stations.

13. greaterwest

greaterwest Member

I have witnessed these kids misbehaving on trains before, between Guildford and Haslemere. I echo comments made by @Monty on the previous page.

14. STKKK46

STKKK46 Member

Had the pleasure of these scrotes aboard 2P68 on Sunday. Twice hijacking the PA system between Farncombe and Guildford. Train departed Guildford late but I had alighted.... unsure if delay related but the TM/Guard seemed well and truly fed up of them but dealt with them very well.

15. pompeyfan

It’s concerning to see how widespread this issue is and how many people have been affected. Please can everyone report their incidents

16. Meerkat

Can the railways take out private prosecutions for compensation due to delays and damage? They won’t have any assets but CCJs would be annoying for them.

17. cactustwirly

cactustwirly Established Member

I think you've got prosecution mixed up with sueing.
    The railway could technically take up a private prosecution yes, as I'm sure they are breaking a byelaw of some sort.
    This would be done in the magistrates court, where assets are irrelevant.

18. Meerkat

I said prosecution, I meant civil claim!
    A few CCJs and bailiffs knocking might get the word put out that it isn’t worth it.
    I assume using the keys is a byelaw offence though?

19. 387star

387star On Moderation

Well farncombe is very close

Agree about the posh comments

20. MoleStation

MoleStation Member

Out of my brain on the train...!
    It's just daft kids innit. Need to be put in their place

21. theking

theking Member

Surprised they didn't egress onto the tracks when the driver wouldn't enter the station.

22. AlastairFraser

AlastairFraser Member

On the rare occasion that I take the train back,I have to say it's mostly students from my college(Henley) causing problems and Henley College is hardly poor by any stretch of the imagination.

23. Surreyman

Surreyman Member

Farncombe is very mixed, Binscombe mentioned earlier has some very 'Posh' bits.
    Most so called 'Posh' areas have poorer parts, not sure that the poor have a monopoly on bad behaviour, I see plenty of Yummy Mummies with feet on seats drinking alcohol, public school kids shouting and swearing running up and down.
    I suspect drug use is a factor too, I am used to drunks (been one myself - haven't we all?) but have seen behaviour from individuals on trains that is just plain disturbed.

24. HLE

HLE Established Member

These scrotes need locking up for a year with bread and water.

How do they get into the cab or door panel? Break it?

Surely the police & railway will prosecute for damage?

25. pompeyfan

They’ve managed to get hold of T-Keys and possibly BR1 keys. Doesn’t help there’s a design glitch that means the the desiro PA doesn’t need a key on, something that was rectified on 707s

26. pompeyfan

I definitely wouldn’t put this down to kids being kids. The majority of teenagers listen to their moral compass and don’t end up assaulting people or accessing secure areas of public transport. This lot... well draw your own conclusions

27. STKKK46

STKKK46 Member

I don’t know as I was coach 3 of 12 where the TM was and as they do elegantly announced they were in coach 6.

Post below yours suggests they’ve got T keys which I suspect is the only explanation.

Not pleasant people at all and a tricky situation for staff.

28. Monty

Monty Established Member

You don't even need a T key to behonest, a large flat head screwdriver will do the job just as well. In a pinch you can open a panel with a set of house keys...

29. Monty

Monty Established Member

The 707s shouldn't need the DKS to be on to use the PA either, the 455s on the other hand do.

30. pompeyfan

thank you for clarifying. I wonder if it would be worth the time and effort to retrofit and make GOPs BR1 operated and the PA key operated, similar to the 377s