• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Antisocial behaviour between Godalming & Guildford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
except the bells don’t work for the guard at speeds of more than 6mph on a desiro apparently. There will be a few yellow button calls I’m sure though.

You can get the signal bell to work if you can get to a cab and activate your door key switch. But yes it won't work from a guards operation panel over a certain speed.

Surreyman

I live in this area and use the trains 'Off Peak', haven't experienced this behaviour myself but maybe just been lucky.
A few days ago, was at Woking and noticed 2 staff members patrolling the platforms wearing light blue High Viz jackets with lettering along the lines of 'welfare xxx' etc, not seen this before, assume that as well as anti social behaviour, they are watching out for potential suicides, the mentally ill, Drug addicts/Couriers and elderly people/just plain confused? Anyone know more?

bramling

Veteran Member
Sounds awful
Godalming seems such a posh town I'm surprised

Just because it's a "posh" town doesn't mean there aren't issues. Just recently I had a friend staying with me from Grimsby, taking him around Hitchin and Letchworth - which would generally be regarded as posh - he commented that the schoolkids are worse behaved than in Grimsby.

Barn

Established Member
Just because it's a "posh" town doesn't mean there aren't issues. Just recently I had a friend staying with me from Grimsby, taking him around Hitchin and Letchworth - which would generally be regarded as posh - he commented that the schoolkids are worse behaved than in Grimsby.

Indeed - this sounds far worse than anything I've seen on thousands of journeys to and from the depths of S.E London.

westv

Established Member
Not all of Godalming is "posh". Part of it rates at 10878 out of 32844 (the higher the better) in the current Index of Multiple Deprivation info.

Meerkat

Established Member
Knew someone who taught at a school in Farncombe.
Some very serious social issues. It was implied that there were a number of large families where no one had worked since the farms stopped employing significant numbers several generations ago.
Isn’t this all on CCTV?

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I live in this area and use the trains 'Off Peak', haven't experienced this behaviour myself but maybe just been lucky.
A few days ago, was at Woking and noticed 2 staff members patrolling the platforms wearing light blue High Viz jackets with lettering along the lines of 'welfare xxx' etc, not seen this before, assume that as well as anti social behaviour, they are watching out for potential suicides, the mentally ill, Drug addicts/Couriers and elderly people/just plain confused? Anyone know more?
‘Welfare & Trespass Officers’ - agency staff you’ll see particularly at many of the stations north of Woking on the main since the recent spike in fatalities on the SWR network over the last few months.

baz962

Established Member
‘Welfare & Trespass Officers’ - agency staff you’ll see particularly at many of the stations north of Woking on the main since the recent spike in fatalities on the SWR network over the last few months.
There Was a welfare and trespass officer at Richmond today.

greaterwest

Established Member
I have witnessed these kids misbehaving on trains before, between Guildford and Haslemere. I echo comments made by @Monty on the previous page.

STKKK46

Had the pleasure of these scrotes aboard 2P68 on Sunday. Twice hijacking the PA system between Farncombe and Guildford. Train departed Guildford late but I had alighted.... unsure if delay related but the TM/Guard seemed well and truly fed up of them but dealt with them very well.

pompeyfan

Established Member
It’s concerning to see how widespread this issue is and how many people have been affected. Please can everyone report their incidents

Meerkat

Established Member
Can the railways take out private prosecutions for compensation due to delays and damage? They won’t have any assets but CCJs would be annoying for them.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Can the railways take out private prosecutions for compensation due to delays and damage? They won’t have any assets but CCJs would be annoying for them.

I think you've got prosecution mixed up with sueing.
The railway could technically take up a private prosecution yes, as I'm sure they are breaking a byelaw of some sort.
This would be done in the magistrates court, where assets are irrelevant.

Meerkat

Established Member
I think you've got prosecution mixed up with sueing.
The railway could technically take up a private prosecution yes, as I'm sure they are breaking a byelaw of some sort.
This would be done in the magistrates court, where assets are irrelevant.

I said prosecution, I meant civil claim!
A few CCJs and bailiffs knocking might get the word put out that it isn’t worth it.
I assume using the keys is a byelaw offence though?

387star

On Moderation
Not all of Godalming is "posh". Part of it rates at 10878 out of 32844 (the higher the better) in the current Index of Multiple Deprivation info.
Well farncombe is very close

Agree about the posh comments

theking

Surprised they didn't egress onto the tracks when the driver wouldn't enter the station.

AlastairFraser

Established Member
On the rare occasion that I take the train back,I have to say it's mostly students from my college(Henley) causing problems and Henley College is hardly poor by any stretch of the imagination.

Surreyman

Well farncombe is very close

Agree about the posh comments
Farncombe is very mixed, Binscombe mentioned earlier has some very 'Posh' bits.
Most so called 'Posh' areas have poorer parts, not sure that the poor have a monopoly on bad behaviour, I see plenty of Yummy Mummies with feet on seats drinking alcohol, public school kids shouting and swearing running up and down.
I suspect drug use is a factor too, I am used to drunks (been one myself - haven't we all?) but have seen behaviour from individuals on trains that is just plain disturbed.

HLE

Established Member
They have been causing problems all summer. Drunk or high or both, aggressive, enjoy spitting and have no fear of the police.

These scrotes need locking up for a year with bread and water.

Had the pleasure of these scrotes aboard 2P68 on Sunday. Twice hijacking the PA system between Farncombe and Guildford. Train departed Guildford late but I had alighted.... unsure if delay related but the TM/Guard seemed well and truly fed up of them but dealt with them very well.

How do they get into the cab or door panel? Break it?

Surely the police & railway will prosecute for damage?

pompeyfan

Established Member
They’ve managed to get hold of T-Keys and possibly BR1 keys. Doesn’t help there’s a design glitch that means the the desiro PA doesn’t need a key on, something that was rectified on 707s

pompeyfan

Established Member
Out of my brain on the train...!
It's just daft kids innit. Need to be put in their place

I definitely wouldn’t put this down to kids being kids. The majority of teenagers listen to their moral compass and don’t end up assaulting people or accessing secure areas of public transport. This lot... well draw your own conclusions

STKKK46

These scrotes need locking up for a year with bread and water.

How do they get into the cab or door panel? Break it?

Surely the police & railway will prosecute for damage?

I don’t know as I was coach 3 of 12 where the TM was and as they do elegantly announced they were in coach 6.

Post below yours suggests they’ve got T keys which I suspect is the only explanation.

Not pleasant people at all and a tricky situation for staff.

Monty

Established Member
You don't even need a T key to behonest, a large flat head screwdriver will do the job just as well. In a pinch you can open a panel with a set of house keys...

Monty

Established Member
They’ve managed to get hold of T-Keys and possibly BR1 keys. Doesn’t help there’s a design glitch that means the the desiro PA doesn’t need a key on, something that was rectified on 707s

The 707s shouldn't need the DKS to be on to use the PA either, the 455s on the other hand do.

pompeyfan

Established Member
The 707s shouldn't need the DKS to be on to use the PA either, the 455s on the other hand do.

thank you for clarifying. I wonder if it would be worth the time and effort to retrofit and make GOPs BR1 operated and the PA key operated, similar to the 377s

Status
Not open for further replies.