• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Forthcoming Model Rly Exhibitions Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good Evening, Does anyone know if there are Any Forthcoming Model Rly Exhibitions Soon in the London / South East area, OO Gauge.

Also when did MK 1 and MK2 Carriages first come out and would both these coach types have been steam hauled?.

Tks & Rgds Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
East Ham MRC 5/6th Nov - www.ehmrc.org.uk
Tolworth (near Surbiton) 12/13th Nov - www.tolworthshowtrain.co.uk
Wimbledon 26/27th Nov - www.wimbledonmrc.org.uk
are the only ones I could see in the London area. If you want a comprehensive list of MR exhibitions then "Railway Modeller" has, I think, the largest list of the model railway press.

Mk1s came out in the 1950s and therefore were definately steam-hauled, both main line and surburban.
Mk2s - I don't know much about these and cannot give you an answer.

fgwrich

Established Member
If you can get a cheap booking up to Birmingham Intl, the Warley Weekend at the NEC is always worth going to...just limit the amount of money you take with you!

Rugd1022

The very first Mk1s were built in 1951. I think the first batch of Mk2s were built in 1965, a few appeared in maroon livery and some in all over green for the Southern Region, the following year they began to appear in blue & grey. There are plenty of published photos (and cine footage) of steam locos hauling rakes of blue & grey Mk1s and 2s, sometimes mixed with maroon.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks as always for these useful updates and info, the 26 Nov event would have been very good for me, but I am already doing something on that day, however I may be able to do the one in Romford on 12 Nov, I'll check with them nearer the time to ensure it's still on and will have to work out how to get there from Romford Railway Station. Rgds Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.