• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Games Like SimSig, That Aren't SimSig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
Are there any games like SimSig? Basically, I am looking for something that I can play which is pretty much exactly like sim sig, but has locations of trains shown on the scren in each block.

I did install SimSig, but I couldn't get on with how it worked, I had loads of trains entering my section but couldn't see any of them on the screen. I thought they would show as occupied in a particular block by the section changing white, but no, this means the route is set for that train.

So, something like SimSig, that is easier to understand?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Well, if you want a realistic challenge, learn and stay with Simsig, it's near enough fully representative of what goes on in real life.

For something a little more simpler, try http://www.pcrail.co.uk/index.php

You can download the demo versions to try out but they are payware if you want to unlock the full versions. Still good fun for the time they last in demo mode though.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have had quite few PCRail game sand they are quite good. The histroiic timetbales are more of a challenge. BUT my old laptop melted and i lost them all! argh! I cant seem to get them back

whhistle

On Moderation
See, I was half enjoying Sim Sig, I just don't understand how you know where a train is?
The signals don't have any ID's next to them, so when I get a message saying a train is waiting at a signal, I don't have a clue which one that is.

Looking at the panel, how do I know where a train is?

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
See, I was half enjoying Sim Sig, I just don't understand how you know where a train is?
The signals don't have any ID's next to them, so when I get a message saying a train is waiting at a signal, I don't have a clue which one that is.

Looking at the panel, how do I know where a train is?

Where a track circuit is occupied, it will show red. There may also be a train description nearby in a berth (but not necessarily on the occupied circuit).

oldrailman

Are there any games like SimSig? Basically, I am looking for something that I can play which is pretty much exactly like sim sig, but has locations of trains shown on the scren in each block.

I did install SimSig, but I couldn't get on with how it worked, I had loads of trains entering my section but couldn't see any of them on the screen. I thought they would show as occupied in a particular block by the section changing white, but no, this means the route is set for that train.

So, something like SimSig, that is easier to understand?

Thanks

hi there, I had the same prob with Simsig until a few months ago but stuck with it and now have a few sims of areas I know well. I agree, it's the most realistic signalling sim when compared to 'real life'. It can take some getting into but really rewarding when it clicks with you. Here's the link for the Simsig forum, loads of help and advice on there. You have to register though (it's free). I did have loads of PCRail sims but Simsig knocks spots off them for realism. Still got my registrations for the PCRail ones so I can always go back and reload them.www.simsig.co.uk.

whhistle

On Moderation
Yeah, I took a look but would rather not bother registering - too much time and effort.
They should have a guest area.

I might take another look at it in the future.

oldrailman

Yeah, I took a look but would rather not bother registering - too much time and effort.
They should have a guest area.

I might take another look at it in the future.

My apologies, I should have mentioned that there is a guest option on the Simsig forum which will allow you to search the forum for loads of info on running their sims.

ChampsRacing

Another tip, if you want to see the signal number, go into options untick route cancelled when right click so when you right click on a signal it comes up with a few options and the signal number. Once you get used to it its a great game and very challenging but rewarding.

callum112233

I like playing the Pc Rail sims but at about £30 a throw there's no chance I'm paying that. That price is daylight robbery.

GB

Established Member
Stick with SimSig, you will soon get the hang of things. My advice is to start with an easy sim like Royston or Oxted to learn the basics and go from there.

As Ralph said, trains are usually identified by the track circuit changing from either gray or white to red with the train ID some where close.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 127

VishnuBachani

For London Underground enthusiasts, there's the ancient LUSigSim, but it hasn't received updates since 2004. Still, there are two simulations: Epping and Acton Town, so it's worth taking a look. Be warned that the detail of simulation is nowhere near as good as Simsig, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.