Any Games Like SimSig, That Aren't SimSig?

Discussion in 'Modelling, Simulations & Games' started by whhistle, 18 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whhistle

whhistle Established Member

Are there any games like SimSig? Basically, I am looking for something that I can play which is pretty much exactly like sim sig, but has locations of trains shown on the scren in each block.

I did install SimSig, but I couldn't get on with how it worked, I had loads of trains entering my section but couldn't see any of them on the screen. I thought they would show as occupied in a particular block by the section changing white, but no, this means the route is set for that train.

So, something like SimSig, that is easier to understand?

Thanks

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Darandio

Darandio Established Member

Well, if you want a realistic challenge, learn and stay with Simsig, it's near enough fully representative of what goes on in real life.

For something a little more simpler, try http://www.pcrail.co.uk/index.php

You can download the demo versions to try out but they are payware if you want to unlock the full versions. Still good fun for the time they last in demo mode though.

4. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    I have had quite few PCRail game sand they are quite good. The histroiic timetbales are more of a challenge. BUT my old laptop melted and i lost them all! argh! I cant seem to get them back

5. whhistle

See, I was half enjoying Sim Sig, I just don't understand how you know where a train is?
    The signals don't have any ID's next to them, so when I get a message saying a train is waiting at a signal, I don't have a clue which one that is.

Looking at the panel, how do I know where a train is?

6. ralphchadkirk

ralphchadkirk Established Member

Where a track circuit is occupied, it will show red. There may also be a train description nearby in a berth (but not necessarily on the occupied circuit).

7. oldrailman

oldrailman Member

hi there, I had the same prob with Simsig until a few months ago but stuck with it and now have a few sims of areas I know well. I agree, it's the most realistic signalling sim when compared to 'real life'. It can take some getting into but really rewarding when it clicks with you. Here's the link for the Simsig forum, loads of help and advice on there. You have to register though (it's free). I did have loads of PCRail sims but Simsig knocks spots off them for realism. Still got my registrations for the PCRail ones so I can always go back and reload them.www.simsig.co.uk.

8. whhistle

Yeah, I took a look but would rather not bother registering - too much time and effort.
    They should have a guest area.

I might take another look at it in the future.

9. Harbon 1

Harbon 1 Member

SigCent is very realistic and very easy to use. However the demo simulations only last one hour :(

10. oldrailman

oldrailman Member

My apologies, I should have mentioned that there is a guest option on the Simsig forum which will allow you to search the forum for loads of info on running their sims.

11. ChampsRacing

ChampsRacing Member

Another tip, if you want to see the signal number, go into options untick route cancelled when right click so when you right click on a signal it comes up with a few options and the signal number. Once you get used to it its a great game and very challenging but rewarding.

12. callum112233

callum112233 Member

I like playing the Pc Rail sims but at about £30 a throw there's no chance I'm paying that. That price is daylight robbery.

13. GB

GB Established Member

Stick with SimSig, you will soon get the hang of things. My advice is to start with an easy sim like Royston or Oxted to learn the basics and go from there.

As Ralph said, trains are usually identified by the track circuit changing from either gray or white to red with the train ID some where close.

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      66.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Statto

Statto Established Member

15. callum112233

callum112233 Member

Not seen that one before. I'll take a look tomorrow.

16. VishnuBachani

VishnuBachani Member

For London Underground enthusiasts, there's the ancient LUSigSim, but it hasn't received updates since 2004. Still, there are two simulations: Epping and Acton Town, so it's worth taking a look. Be warned that the detail of simulation is nowhere near as good as Simsig, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.