• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any GWR drivers out there...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz1982

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the West Country for a better quality of life.

I saw that GWR have driver positions at various depots available. My main interest would be Bristol Temple Meads.

I know next to nothing about T’s and C’s on GWR, could anyone give me a brief run down on drivers work at Bristol? Routes signed, traction, shifts, any perks of working for GWR.

Many thanks

Chris

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johncleesefan

hello.
Gwr currently taking qualifieds at most depots due to expansion.
Currently in the middle of a steeping up pay rise with the final pay out next April bringing wage up to £63000 approx.
4 day week Sundays outside. Long weekend (5 days off) every 3 weeks.
31 days leave a year. 6 month full sick pay 6 month half sick pay.
Bristol sign 166 165 158 150 and short form hst.
Too link sign Bristol to Portsmouth harbour via Southampton and Westbury.
Bristol to Weymouth. Bristol to Gloucester Bristol to Swindon Bristol to Taunton and the Severn beach line and the st Phillips marsh depot.
I believe shifts are early week late week rotation and don’t know earliest book on latest book off etc unfortunately as not based there. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.