• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any help - Birmingham - Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee15_16

Good evening,

My issue is finding well priced travel for my journey to Scotland.

My dates are 2nd or 3rd of August untill the 9th or 10th (stretch to the 11th) of August.

This may get confusing but I am initially going to Aberdeen, but wish to stop at Glasgow on the first leg of the journey, for 2 nights.(I have found a £10 single deal on travel from Glasgow to Aberdeen and vice versa). The return does not matter which route or direction it has to take (Involving said found deals or not).

The ammount of stop's is not an issue, if it save's a bundle getting off one train and on to another (with reasonable time between stop's for errors such as late/concelled/delayed trains) then that is fine.

Advice, routes, help or any answer's are much appriciated.

Any more information i can provide please do ask, i hope i have covered everything needed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Singles will probably be the cheapest option
Birmingham - Glasgow
Glasgow - Aberdeen
Aberdeen - Glasgow
Glasgow - Aberdeen

FSR do a advance return Edinburgh - Aberdeen that is cheaper than from Glasgow, even taking into account having to buy a Glasgow - Edinburgh return

Equally, also look at NXEC between Edinburgh - Aberdeen

Another option is to travel via Derby and Newcastle, with Cross Country

ashworth

Established Member
Your cheapest option for both directions seems to be by Cross Country from Birmingham to Edinburgh where there are still plenty of Advance Singles available for only £15.50.
There does not seem to be anything much available in both directions between Birmingham and Glasgow under £50.

Pay on the day Singles from Edinburgh to Glasgow range from £6.90 Off Peak to Glasgow Central (National Express East Coast) to £10.30 Off peak Day Single to Queen Street

As you say £10 AP singles from Glasgow to Aberdeen are widely available, as are AP singles from Aberdeen to Edinburgh.

Bee15_16

Thank you so much.

Decided to head straight to Aberdeen so trying to figure best route after Edinburgh now and the return journey.

Much appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.