• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any new station additions to open in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howardh

Established Member
As it says on the tin. Thinking here I'm hoping a bar will be added to Trinity Street Bolton, but wonder what additions your station might provide next year?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stj

Severn Tunnel Jn is due for more Car parking and Station Buildings, Toilets etc.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Waterbeach and Littleport platform extensions should be completed.

PR1Berske

Established Member
Great - I've altered the title of the thread from "new stations" to "additions" as many might be lucky enough to have improvements!!
I'm the OP for the "rolling" thread, I'll try to keep things up to date next year :)

InOban

Established Member
Station enhancements might be a better title for this thread, to distinguish it clearly from the existing thread on new stations, whose scheduled opening dates are known over a year in advance - but will then usually be delayed even further.

brompton rail

Worcestershire Parkway is possibly going to open in 2020, perhaps Spring, or later. Old Moore’s Almanac may have details

dabe1971

The new Green Park station between Mortimer and Reading West is scheduled to open sometime in 2020

fgwrich

Established Member
The new Green Park station between Mortimer and Reading West is scheduled to open sometime in 2020

Sometime seems very optimistic, but then I think the station should be called Reading Green (Optimistic) Park at this rate. Unless they are to construct it with one of Network Rail's modern Pre-Fab constructions, it may be heading for 2021 - Site clearance has only just begun, again.

daccer

wolverhampton's new building looks well advanced. Kettering is having platform extensions and some work to the canopies as is Wellingborough which will have a new platform and I assume lifts/footbridge. Mkt Harborough should be finally finished soon. Inverness is having a refurb this year also. Not sure about Bristol TM getting it's old Brunel shed brought back into use to provide extra platforms, It was mooted some time ago but has gone quiet. Oxford is also planned for a major revampt/rebuild but again not sure if that is for 2020 or beyond. Dore should have a new platform also in due course.

Mikey C

Established Member
You'd hope that all the west of London Crossrail stations will have their upgrades finished by the end of 2020, the likes of Southall, Hayes & Harlington, West Drayton, Ealing Broadway, West Ealing and Acton Main Line. The work is pretty major, with longer platforms and new station buildings with new lifts and footbridges.

I think many of the stations to the east of London are in a similar situation, with the work running late

Status
Not open for further replies.