• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any planned changes to London transport infrastructure from now to 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WestCoast

Established Member
The Emirates Air Line!

Tube-map-emirates-new.jpg

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What more do you want!? London will be getting Crossrail and Thameslink over the coming decade surely that's more than enough investment for the time being!?

steamybrian

Established Member
In December 2012.. Opening of London Overground route Surrey Quays To Clapham Jn which will mean new passenger services over Surrey Quays- Queens Road Peckham and Wandsworth Road to Clapham Jn sections.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
That's all? I was expecting more :(
Is this serious?

What do you think is going on at the eastern end of Oxford Street?
What's going on at Borough Market and the Shard?
At Paddington? At Kings Cross?
At Stratford?
At Blackfriars?
. and the rest, including the effectively completed recent works at Farringdon and Shoreditch.
Why are those huge tunnel boring machines being named now?
Why is there a video of Theresa Villiers MP standing in big hole in the ground at Canary Wharf?

And if you spend just a few minutes looking through this forum or in Network Rail's "Improving the railway" site, you'd think all the UK's rail construction activity was in London.

You're not serious, are you?

If you are, start here : Investing in London.

Last edited:

TSR :D

No. I was just wondering because I will not be in London by 2016 and as I've seen most projects in great scale as such as Crossrail will be finished after 2016 so I won't be able to use it. So I wanted to know which particular projects that will be finished before 2016/7 so I can try it out.

By the way overground one sounds exciting, I'll try it out.

ert47

TFL says it will be finished by 2016, that's cutting it bit close I think.

But then again, any more projects that would finish before 2016?

Track infrastructure, don't think much will be completed by that time (-not sure when the Bermondsey fly under will be completed).

The only thing I can think off are the escalator refurbishments on the LU and the new layout at Kings Cross in the next few weeks.

Other things coming up would be the Northern Line platform reconstruction at Bank, but I haven't really heard much about what is going on with it.

EDIT: When is the Euston Station redevelopment starting?

ert47

No idea, thats the first ive heard of it myself

"Then just before Christmas it was confirmed that REO would be placed in Administration – Lloyds and Nama, to whom the developer owed $380m – had called in their loans and REO, a subsidiary of troubled Irish developer Treasury Holdings, were unable to pay. In order to recoup their costs, the banks wanted the Battersea site sold.
As it stands, therefore, the Northern Line extension to Battersea is now effectively on hold. Without the Battersea development (and more importantly the £200m S106 that brings to the table) the project cannot proceed."​

Source

Chris125

Established Member
What's the situation with that now? As I understand it, the development at Battersea which was promoting the idea has folded?

I think its being developed up to the point where a TWAO can be submitted, but that wont happen until the site has new owners and progress on the development starts.

Chris

Rational Plan

I think its being developed up to the point where a TWAO can be submitted, but that wont happen until the site has new owners and progress on the development starts.

It's just temporarily on hold. Too much planning has finally come into existence.

Google VNEB and Wandsworth. The whole riverside areas is planned for 16,000 units. The planning district is looking at £40,000 per unit development fee to pay for the tube extension. In exchange this part of the riverside will become a centre for residential skyscrapers.

What everyone knows is the Power station is a huge space that no one is interested in filling, everyone also knows that it is worth more demolished. Recent figures say £470 million more. I'm nor sure if it will be knocked down but the sands seem to be shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.