• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any route permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbrain

Hi, I bought tickets from Liverpool from Lichfield tomorrow which state any rout permitted. Does this mean that I can take the Virgin train to Crewe then the London Midland train to Lichfield rather than the London Midland train all the way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
It does. Via Crewe and Stafford is the shortest route iirc so it's a valid route.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi, I bought tickets from Liverpool from Lichfield tomorrow which state any rout permitted. Does this mean that I can take the Virgin train to Crewe then the London Midland train to Lichfield rather than the London Midland train all the way?

Best of luck departing from two places simultaneously though ;)

I should be very surprised if your ticket is not valid via Birmingham if you wanted to break your journey there

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
And for clarity, "ANY PERMITTED" under route means "you may use any route that is a permitted route", not "you are permitted to use any route".

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Your ticket from Liverpool to Lichfield (city or Trent Valley) is valid via Birmingham. So you could take any train to Brum and onwards from there, if you prefer.

exile

Established Member
Your ticket from Liverpool to Lichfield (city or Trent Valley) is valid via Birmingham. So you could take any train to Brum and onwards from there, if you prefer.

If you are on a super off peak (rather than off peak) ticket there are restrictions on breaking your journey but if you just change trains and don't exit the station this should be OK.

rdwarr

And for clarity, "ANY PERMITTED" under route means "you may use any route that is a permitted route", not "you are permitted to use any route".

Indeed. See the "ambiguity" thread.:) (Linky here.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.