• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Any Station" in NFM03

Status
Not open for further replies.

krus_aragon

Established Member
While nosing about (by putting an asterisk into the destination box), I've found some unusual "Any Station"s listed, such as ANY BR STATION or ANY MERSEYR STN. What are/were these used for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
I think Merseyrail is the only TOC that regularly uses ANY **MERSYR** STN in common practice. They generally use it in promo fares/ special event rangers.

Sleepy

Established Member
used to issue penalty fare warning with ticket sale on board in PF area eg H164 to J666.

paul1609

Established Member
I think Southern Daysave tickets are issued as East Croydon to Any Station Route Southern Railway Only.

glynn80

Established Member
With regard to the Any BR Station, I believe this destination would be used when issuing the "All Line Rail Pass".

FRPP said:
All-Line Rail Pass

This is a twelve month Season Ticket has unrestricted validity on all Train Company services, either in First Class or in Standard accommodation as indicated on the Pass.

It can only be purchased upon direct application to Rail Settlement Plan and is not on sale to the general public.

The Pass will be issued to a named individual or to a 'Bearer’; the name or the word 'Bearer' will be written on the back of the ticket in the space provided.

The named Pass holder must also be in possession of a Season Ticket Photocard.

The Season Ticket holder's Photocard number should be shown in the space on the pass, unless it is a 'Bearer' pass, where no Photocard is required.

If the named Pass holder is unable to show a Photocard, the pass should be withdrawn and treated in the normal way. The 'Bearer' pass holder does not require a Photocard.

I posted some questions about this ticket a while back and stethomson/First Class, replied stating that ATOC had discontinued the product and the respective page within the FRPP would be removed. Four months down the line and the page is in exactly the same form as it was then.

glynn80

Established Member
I know of a colleague who sold 2 first class all line season tickets to passengers, talking easily of 5 figure numbers!

I was under the impression that the "All-Line Rail Pass" was not under general sale?

The above information extracted from the FRPP states: "It can only be purchased upon direct application to Rail Settlement Plan and is not on sale to the general public."

The only addition I can bring to the pricing questio,n is to list the price of the most expensive season ticket in the country, which is an Annual First Class Season Ticket from Berwick upon Tweed to Zones R1256 at £30,744.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The all line rover most certainly is on general sale.

It is, but glynn isn't talking about the All Line Rover, only you are. Read post 334051 and his quote from The Manual.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
I have seen one of these tickets recently. If I recall, it was held by a Railway Chaplain, and was issued on the pale blue 'period season' stock. I think it just said "any BR station" as the destination / route, and it was shown as having a value of £0.00. I thought it odd, which is why I studied it closely. It was a month or so ago so can't remember what exactly it said, but I definately recall that destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.