• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

any tickets to york for less than £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
Hello,

Is there a ticket to york (from anywhere) for less than £1.50 please? The reason I ask is that a York plusbus is £3 (plus of course a rail ticket) and bus operators in York have recently started offering a £4.50 inter-available ticket (I do not yet have precise details, and the ticket will be available on buses from Monday).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

In June and July you can get PlusBus for £1.50 by booking on Trainline-based sites, so for this period you only need a ticket for less than £3.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Less than £1.50? I doubt it. An adult single from Poppleton to York is £3.10.

(it's a pity Rowntree Halt isn't still open!)

toffeedanish

One can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) buy a Plusbus add-on to a rail journey which originates within the bus zone. This rules out Poppleton.

Buying a rail ticket valid from Ulleskelf, however, would offer 35p saving for anybody with a railcard, but only for the duration of the offer.

34D

Established Member
One can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) buy a Plusbus add-on to a rail journey which originates within the bus zone.

Isn't that just valid for the pte areas?

Link to info on the york 'all operator' ticket with thanks to a fellow forum member: http://www.york.gov.uk/news/latestNews/PR2748?

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Isn't that just valid for the pte areas?....

No. The About Plusbus page of the Plusbus Website says it is any Plusbus area.

Plusbus Website said:
Sorry, you cannot buy PLUSBUS if you're making a local train journey between two stations within the same PLUSBUS travel zone or city-wide region (Greater Manchester, South Yorkshire, West Midlands or West Yorkshire).

It also appears in the FAQ section.

Plusbus Website said:
12. Can I use PLUSBUS if my train journey is between two stations that are within the same town (or PTE region)?

Sorry, no. At least one station (the origin or destination station) of your train journey must be located outside the towns PLUSBUS travel zone or metropolitan city region (Greater Manchester; South Yorkshire; West Midlands; West Yorkshire).

lewisf

Hmmm, the TVM at Shoreham-by-Sea quite happily sold me a SSE-BTN single with plusbus which with railcard discount was £3.60 compared to £4.40 on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.