• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any word on the Glo-Ex resuming (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
It was a 12 week consultation from when the trial was suspended, on 17th February IIRR. 12 weeks from 17th February is this Friday if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone have any idea what the outcome of the consultation period has been?

Thx.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
That's the longest 12 weeks I've ever heard of! Where did you find this out if you don't mind me asking?

4SRKT

Established Member
While I admire the brevity of your posts some more detail would be welcome! ;) Who says? Why? What forum? Is it reliable gen? etc etc

dzug2

I'm still trying to work out what this whole thread is about. Glo-ex?????

anthony263

Established Member
I'm still trying to work out what this whole thread is about. Glo-ex?????

I think they mean the DRS loco hauled service that was trialed on the cumbrian coast line for the employees of that nucleur power station (whatever it is called)

NXEA!

According to posters on WNXX the trial was judged a success and the plan is to reintroduce the service for the 9th of December, although apparently they will have to jump through the same hoops as a normal Open Access Operator competing with a TOC. Hope this helps. :)

WatcherZero

Established Member
Saw in a magazine last month that it was confirmed to resume, they were also looking at running a service for North Wales nuclear workers too.

4SRKT

Established Member
Saw in a magazine last month that it was confirmed to resume, they were also looking at running a service for North Wales nuclear workers too.

Between where and where? Sounds interesting, although we don't want DRS spreading their 37/4s too thinly.

Chester025

Between where and where? Sounds interesting, although we don't want DRS spreading their 37/4s too thinly.

I have heard Crewe and Sellafield possibly Carlisle; it was planned about 3 years ago and they even did a few trials with MK2s Crewe - Carnforth with 37423 but nothing came of it. I certainly wouldn't put it past DRS to attempt to run such a service.

WatcherZero

Established Member
To serve the 3,000 construction workers and then staff at Anglesey I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.