• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anybody Been to Finikounda or Stoupa in Greece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
I can't decide between either and was just wondering if anybody here had been to either of these two places and what their opinions were.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
I suppose I'm not surprised nobody has as they are quite small places.

SJL2020

I stayed in Stoupa 18 years ago. Nice beach and some good restaurants. We rented a car for a few days and did some day trips to a few places, the ones I remember best are Mistras and Monemvasia (that was a long day...) and travelling down to the end of the Mani peninsula. We also did a boat trip to Koroni.

The Mani is a great part of Greece if you are into history and landscapes.

I had to look up where the other place was. I haven't stayed there but I have stayed in Methoni which is a few miles away, but that was more like 30 years ago.

I do like the Peleponnese. More than any of the Greek islands I've been to come to think of it.

ac6000cw

Established Member
We stayed in Stoupa back in 2003 - nice smallish holiday resort town.

As SJL2020 said, the Peleponnese is very nice - on that holiday we did a round trip (staying overnight at several places) from Kalamata around the southern coastal peninsular, really interesting and not heavily touristed.

westv

Established Member
Thanks for the responses.
As soon as I had posted the second message, for a moment I thought "Ah! It'll be auto merged with the original post and never be seen by anybody" but I guess that doesn't happen after a certain time.

Status
Not open for further replies.