• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anybody Remember this Accident/Crash?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tra1nsp0tter

As title says, I only saw this video for the first time today..............didn't know coal wagons could handle nearly 100 tons....:lol:

Here is the link below

http://youtu.be/pUBXuOwsWQY

If it doesn't work, could somebody who knows what they are doing fix it please? As its an interesting video.
Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Yes, it happened at a very difficult time for the railways just after the Hadfield crash and only days after an SWT overshot Virginia Water and ended up fouling a junction. It was something of a turning point for the modern railway.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Ah, Special Delivery, yes. I wonder if it had been a few years later, when EWS had loads more 67s than they needed, whether it would have been repaired.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Ah, Special Delivery, yes. I wonder if it had been a few years later, when EWS had loads more 67s than they needed, whether it would have been repaired.

Probably, it would still be making money for it's owner even if it was sat in a siding.

D6975

Established Member
I was there....
My friends and I used to meet up regularly on Wednesday evenings at Stapleton Road, then moved to Lawrence Hill when the former became an unsafe place to hang around after dark.
We'd watch the trains for a while then retire to St George's Hall (Wetherspoons) for grub and a pint or 2.
I turned up not long after it happened.

tra1nsp0tter

Did 67002 get repaired after this accident only because it was still fairly new back then?..
Because it does look quite badly damaged.

Michael.Y

Established Member
Did 67002 get repaired after this accident only because it was still fairly new back then?..
Because it does look quite badly damaged.

Given that it is now hauling the North/South Premier Service for Arriva Trains Wales most days along with its siblings 001 and 003, I think yeah it did get repaired. ;)

Schnellzug

Established Member
yes, I don't know if the warranty would have covered this, but would similar damage if it had been say 10 years old have been considered worthwhile to repair (before they started to be in demand like they are now). Like the 66 that ran down the embankment in Scotland. They decided it wasn't worth repairing that in the end, didn't they.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Like the 66 that ran down the embankment in Scotland. They decided it wasn't worth repairing that in the end, didn't they.
If you are referring to the recent derailment of 66734 near the shores of Loch Trieg, then nothing seems to have been decided yet: It is just rumours from sources of varying reliability suggesting that the loco will be cut up for sure as far as I can tell. As for the DB 66 that slid down the embankment at Carrbridge, it is still unrepaired and "on decision" as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.