• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anybody seen Feltham2104 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Where's he gone? :confused:
He phoned me this afternoon from Southampton Central while i was at work, his train was delayed by that freight failure at Wallers Ash.
He started talking to me when someone walked into my messroom and gave me some abuse, so i shouted some back and Feltham2104 was last heard in fits of laughter on the other end of the phone.
He said he was on his way home to Poole but i ain't seen him on MSN which is rare :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Where's he gone? :confused:
He phoned me this afternoon from Southampton Central while i was at work, his train was delayed by that freight failure at Wallers Ash.
He started talking to me when someone walked into my messroom and gave me some abuse, so i shouted some back and Feltham2104 was last heard in fits of laughter on the other end of the phone.
He said he was on his way home to Poole but i ain't seen him on MSN which is rare :D
He is at his dad's till Tuesday.

His step dad, done, by what I have heard, your style driving round BMO Town Centre :lol:

Established Member
Steve you seem to have a habit of trying to either find me or lose me, one minute you have a dream that i died in a car crash then i didnt speak to you for ages now your wondering where i am lol, well im home now till may half term, also what are you going to do during summer, im away for 2 weeks living at my dads for work experience then i got 6 weeks holiday!!

TheSlash

Established Member
I was trying to find you this time to organise EKR stuff.
Remember, with your dodgy mobile, the only contact i can get with you is through websites and emails.
I was under the impression you didn't use the internet alot when at ya dad's house.
When i am away from home, ie staying in Kent somewhere, it can be extremely hard to contact you and other people who have problematic phones, or people who simply switch they're phones off.
Speak to you soon

Established Member
LOL my dads on dial up thats why i dont use it as it f***s me off, among other things that stop me from using the computer is my step brother who is always on there and i dont get a look in!!

Tom B

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
LOL my dads on dial up thats why i dont use it as it f***s me off, among other things that stop me from using the computer is my step brother who is always on there and i dont get a look in!!

How did you survive prior to roughly 2000, when dial up was practically the only way to connect to the internet?

Jim

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
How did you survive prior to roughly 2000, when dial up was practically the only way to connect to the internet?
Well, in those days, it was probabally deemed fast...
I am surprised he doesn't want a new PC TBH, it chugs away like anything, compared to mine;) :p

Established Member
I didnt really us the net much befoire 2000, yes i do need a new puter!!!

Tom B

Established Member
That was just a guesstimate, I mean in the era when there was only dial up addess.

traveller1030

My best mate was one of the first connected to broadband, living in a central London exchange area which was a large-scale trialist site. I myself first got it in November 2000, when my exchange rolled out BB. I make TB spot on with his guesstimate when broadband first became available widely.

I just tended to use a larger cache and stored more pages offline when on dial-up, which helped to speed things up.

Established Member
well i dunno how you lot and i will survive during the 8 weeks im away in the summer, i will have to go on every night during my work experience so that i can make a blog like damon!!

Dave A

Ah dial up.... What was that again :p ;)

I seriously don't remember dial up, but I do remember the 133mhz PC we run it on :eek: :shaking: :sad3:

Lets see:

56k, 128k, 512k, 1MB, 2MB and 8MB. I think we got 512k BB in 2000, AFAIK! WOW! 5 YEARS! Don't it fly by?!

:o :o :o

Tom B

Established Member
56k being the top of the dial up specrum.... 28k! (never used 14k / 9k).

Status
Not open for further replies.