• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone else have a dSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighat

Yes, bought a Cannon EOS 400D a couple of months ago, but used it only today for the first time.

Used to take a LOT of pictures a few years ago (mainly of aeroplanes), but today was taking some shots for publicity purposes.

Used it on full auto (haven't had time to read the handbook) and was very impressed with the results. The weather was dull/overcast.

Definately the camera for the lazy or incompetant!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Yes, bought a Cannon EOS 400D a couple of months ago, but used it only today for the first time.

Used to take a LOT of pictures a few years ago (mainly of aeroplanes), but today was taking some shots for publicity purposes.

Used it on full auto (haven't had time to read the handbook) and was very impressed with the results. The weather was dull/overcast.

Definately the camera for the lazy or incompetant!

Can you upload some to the net so I and others can see what the 400D can do?

PeterH

ive got 2 x D200 and a D2X with 50mm 18-70mm and 18-200mm its a lot to carry about

kestrel

I'm currently using a Pentax K10D DSLR with an 18-55mm and a 70-300mm lens, a fab camera with plenty of functions etc.

I upgraded from a Fujifinepix S5000 (3mp)bridge camera to a Samsung NV-7(7.2mp) super compact, (excellent camera still used) and now to the one above which i shall keep for quite a few years.

The Fuji ones are a great start to take you up to a DSLR.

David

Established Member
Nope, that's the top of the range model. Body only is something like £450 (cheapest I could find, and that was an offer)

kestrel

i think you can get the K100D for about £300 pretty good 6mp camera tho

petethetim

Thanks I've lost touch a bit since I was Ill , I bought myself a Fuji 9500 ,last year & only got to use it last month for the first time , But in the hope that my health improves I'm gonna hold on to My D100 ,E20 & Fuji Pro s3 as selling them second hand is not worth it & trade in would be even less attractive

petethetim

I see the 100D has went well over £300 again I recall in August Jessops & few others doing it for £229- 249 was that just an intro price ?

David

Established Member
I see the 100D has went well over £300 again I recall in August Jessops & few others doing it for £229- 249 was that just an intro price ?

Is that one of the stores that is closing? If so, then everything would be reduced. That's the main reason I bought 2 new lenses for my camera from the Jessops here.

Sir_Clagalot

I bought an EOS 400D in June when the cashback offer was on. Bought a 90-300mm lens a couple of weeks back. still got my Nikon Coolpix 4200 though... its small enough to come with me to work!

petethetim

I see they have a d300 coming out

oh by the way Sorry For Not Replying sooner I was in A&E most of yesterday as my health as took a bit of a nose dive again.

Yes, just treated myself to an Olympus E-510. It felt 'just right' in my hand in the shop and reminded me of my glorious OM-10 from the 80's. I'm starting to experiment with it at the moment...

class 313

Established Member
Yes, just treated myself to an Olympus E-510. It felt 'just right' in my hand in the shop and reminded me of my glorious OM-10 from the 80's. I'm starting to experiment with it at the moment...

I'm thinking about getting this camera in December, could you PM or reply on how good you think it is please?

EE Type 3

Established Member
Snap I've Just found out I'm getting the Olympus E-510 Twin Kit ;)

Wonderful cameras Olympus'. I have an E500, wonderful thing, especially with the dust reduction system, and the 2.5" Hyper Crystal LCD screen, my photos look better on the camera! :lol: :)

Dave

Demps

i use a 20d grip and canon 10-22, but its mostly a workhorse setup, drains, sewers, dust, high things, (rephrased as it actually is in pretty ok nik) so it has the odd scratch, but she's a good old gal.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I use a EOS 400D. Its is not good for railway photography on fully auto mode. I use manual at all times. Example images can be found on my site (see below)
Also use a 400D + 17-85mm f/4.0-5.6 IS lens. Getting a battery grip and 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens next
Quality lenses, wont buy any other lenses other than those!

@ Class 313 - absolutely love it. I'd certainly recommend the E-510 to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.