• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone else up at 0530?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member

Techniquest

Veteran Member
lol. I've experienced 0530 quite often. Although this was far more often on a HST to Newport, Bristol or somewhere more interesting. Now, of course, I'm usually fast asleep at that time! I did until 0300 or so recently, but that was just to watch Trainspotting on Discovery RT Extra, which seems to be most Friday/Saturday nights until the early hours.

ChrisM

I work nights so normally awake at 5:30,it's weird seeing a town centre (where i work) starting to come alive so early.

Established Member
I get up at 4 if im going no any forum meets as i have to get the first train!

Jim

Established Member
feltham2104 said:

Who is it that trys to get you up at that time :P :lol: ;)

Established Member
Well ive had lie ins for the past month or so!!! wont get one this weekend as im off to the GCR!!

Jim

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
Well ive had lie ins for the past month or so!!! wont get one this weekend as im off to the GCR!!

*Makes note to drag him on more meets :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
ROFL! It's a good time of day to start at on meet days, gives chance for a good, large breakfast (followed by an espresso where possible for me, failing that a large coffee or three), plus of course you get the best use of otherwise redundant time. Especially important to get up early when travelling over 200 miles, where service provision exists.

Got a similar problem on one of my proposed (yet to be timed at all and costs worked out, hence not on the forum, could be an 18+ meet too due to timescale of the trip, as well as the route planned) trips that takes the longest circular trip possible, in that to prep properly I'd need to be asleep by 2130 the night before, up at 0600 - 0615 and on the 0650 bus to Hereford, so as to get the train to Carlisle and onwards. Getting up early and overnighting trips is currently not possible for myself due to the simple fact I can't get up at 0400 like I used to in 2005!

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Jim said:
feltham2104 said:

As you know, I was annoyed (and tired) when you woke me up by reading at 0645 in the morning after going to sleep at 0130 the morning before stuffed full of PIZZA from PIZZA EXPRESS!!!! :P :P :P

i am often still up around talking to my girlfriend in american :love6: i expect i will still be around at 0530am this morning yet agiain :D :iroc:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aureol said:
Jim said:
feltham2104 said:

As you know, I was annoyed (and tired) when you woke me up by reading at 0645 in the morning after going to sleep at 0130 the morning before stuffed full of PIZZA from PIZZA EXPRESS!!!! :P :P :P

That's why you go to somewhere like Sainsbury's instead and get some meat and bread to make sandwiches instead...

Dave A

Earliest I've HAD to be up was 4.30 when I was going to North Wales for a bit, by car, but I generally don't sleep anyway.

Sleeping is boring! :wav: :sleepy2: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.