• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone have any details about leamington spa driver depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class2ldn

Anyone have any details on this depot, terms and conditions of the TOC, link structure, Rd pattern.
Are sundays inside or out?
I've seen the routes they do but assume its just 1 link as I guess its a fairly small depot?
Are they a good toc to work for?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

newtownmgr

Not sure of the link structure at the depot but suspect it may well be just 1 link. It’s a 4 day week with rest days mon & tue, followed by wed & thurs,then fri & sat,then back to Mon & tue. Sunday’s are outside the working week with none booked on a long weekend. T&C’s are fairly good compared to a lot of tocs. Routes are to Nuneaton,Worcester,Stratford & Stratford via Shirley. Traction is 172’s only (/0,/2 & /3).
A good little depot with a good bunch based there (I’m based elsewhere on the company).

Class2ldn

Brilliant, same RD pattern as now which is handy, no sundays is also brilliant, ours are committed but I work a few now and then.
Thanks for the info much appreciated

andyccfc

Have you got a bit more of a detailed example of the shifts mate? Not quite sure what you mean with the way you’ve explained it! Due to start in May and down for Cov depot but guessing the shifts will be fairly similar.

Class2ldn

What he means is the rest days will be Monday, Tuesday then you work Wednesday-saturday inclusive, Sunday off then work Monday Tuesday and then Wednesday, Thursday rest day then work Friday Saturday then Sunday off. Then the following week you'll work monday-thursday inclusive and then have friday, Saturday Sunday off and then the Monday and Tuesday from the start off aswell so its on a 3 week rotation and keeps a 4 day week.
It just rotates like that so your rest days stay the same and you can plan years in advance.
Hope that makes sense.

Class2ldn

When do the shifts change over as ours currently swap from lates to earlies after the Wednesday Thursday off and from earlies to lates after the long weekend so you get the longest time off on the long weekend but I know some have there's swap at the weekend.

Undiscovered

Usually swap on a Saturday/Sunday eg
work late finish Saturday, Sunday off, earlies Monday or
early Saturday, Sunday off, Monday lates.

Depending on shift start times, you might be able to catch extra Sundays if you need them. Your booked Sunday usually follows after your long weekend off, and usually one in each pay period. Again, this depends on your depot and link structure.

Undiscovered

You can do that, provided you can find someone who wants your Lates. There are folks out there who'll do this. You just fill in the paperwork and send it on to rosters.

What is frowned upon is changing to help fill a vacancy on the 'other' side of the link ie if you're late, then the other side is on earlies. If there's vacant jobs on the early turns, then so be it. You don't just go 'oh, i fancy that early instead of my late turn'.

This ensures that recruitment is always kept up, so that both halves of the link are complete and the depot runs full compliment. Also, it allows for folks to catch rest day turns, should they want to- there will always be people on annual leave, sick, light duties, off trains etc in every depot even at full staffing.

You can ask to be 'accommodated' in that you only work earlies and are in your own seperate 'link', but I think, you lose a bit of pay as you're not truly flexible.

Class2ldn

Oh ok, what is the current pay and when is the next pay deal due?
Think its currently around 57k?

newtownmgr

Oh ok, what is the current pay and when is the next pay deal due?
Think its currently around 57k?
£57044 is the current basic for a fully qualified driver. Based on a four day 35 hour week. Currently in dispute/fail to agree over pay. Pay rise should have been October but i suspect will revert to April due to the above. As it stands there are no negotiations going on that I’m aware of & also despite the ‘dispute/fail to agree’ no issues between drivers/aslef & management. Obviously very strange times we are in at present so a reluctance to rock the boat from both sides. The above had to be registered just to acknowledge the situation. Presume when we are the other side of COVID talks will resume.

the sniper

Established Member
Ok thanks for that, can you swap shifts for say a week of earlies?

Probably not the easiest place to swap, Leamington being a relatively very small depot, IIRC. Even in a big depot, most people want earlies.

Class2ldn

Its not a massive issue , even for a day or 2 or whatever, at least there is an option

Coach Carter

how do the booked Sunday’s work and how often? Are they compulsory?
At the moment Sunday’s are out side the working week and not committed which means if you don’t want to work your booked Sunday you don’t have to, but if you do work a Sunday it’s payed at time and a half.

Jasperpro

Hi there, hope you don’t mind me butting in here but what are the earliest booking on times, latest booking off times and are there any nights? I have an interview for Leamington Spa. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.