• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone have Grand Central Cab Ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt_mad

Established Member
Was this filmed at a low resolution as when I watch it on a 32" TV it becomes slightly blurry.
Was it ever released in widescreen? Keep having to watch it with a black border either side!
Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Nobody?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

i own it and have watched it on a 43" plasma with no problems. it was released in 16:9 FHA which i think is wide screen. but i would have thought that you can switch the screen on most tv's so you can watch it in widescreen. hope this helps ;)

pt_mad

Established Member
Its a bit confusing. If I switch it to widescreen it stretches the picture. If I switch it to 14:9 (I think) the ratio looks perfect but I have the black borders. For some reason I just find the definition/resolution quality low compared to others. Wonder if I have a dodgy copy?
Came from Amaon sealed though.

MK Tom

Established Member
I have it, for the most part its fine but it goes out of focus some of the time and the light's a bit weird. It's ok but has nothing on the kind of quality we're used to from Video 125 and stuff like that.

pt_mad

Established Member
I have it, for the most part its fine but it goes out of focus some of the time and the light's a bit weird. It's ok but has nothing on the kind of quality we're used to from Video 125 and stuff like that.

That kind of follows what I was thinking. Not bad considering the cost.
I take it yours isn't in widescreen?

Bungle73

On Moderation
Its a bit confusing. If I switch it to widescreen it stretches the picture. If I switch it to 14:9 (I think) the ratio looks perfect but I have the black borders. For some reason I just find the definition/resolution quality low compared to others. Wonder if I have a dodgy copy?
Came from Amaon sealed though.

All the "14:9" setting is for is watching 4:3 material while minimising the black borders at the side, but also the amount of the top and bottom of the picture that is cut off. Sounds like the video is in 4:3 to me.

pt_mad

Established Member
All the "14:9" setting is for is watching 4:3 material while minimising the black borders at the side, but also the amount of the top and bottom of the picture that is cut off. Sounds like the video is in 4:3 to me.

Yep probably. I am not much of an expert when it comes to TV stuff. Just want to confirm that it was only released in the old fashioned square format.

Status
Not open for further replies.