• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone know whats on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richieb1971

Established Member
Whenever I've seen a 715 tonne train on RTT its usually a track machine.

Its a strange working to say the least. There are no sidings at Lidlington so likely a track machine.

Deltic1

Thanks, thought it might be a track machine but the trailing load made me think otherwise!

DarloRich

Veteran Member

TheEdge

Established Member
yes - that is just the timing load for the timetabling system

I see these and wonder why? Can the timetabling system not understand it being timed as a simple OTM or does 715 tonnes have some significance?

The Planner

Veteran Member
It is because it is the timing load with the most populated SRTs, nothing more nothing less. There are specific OTM timing loads but I dont know if these feed down to RealtimeTrains in the same way. Some timing loads dont such as Chiltern 168s showing as 158s.

Tom

There are specific OTM timing loads but I dont know if these feed down to RealtimeTrains in the same way.

In the CIF there is literally only a power type and timing load field. The speed is also derived from these. There is a translation mapping between the ITPS versions of these and the CIF version, but for quite a few they are so numerous that it's not worth even trying to decode it. (A future version of RTT does have a decode table for some.)

Status
Not open for further replies.