• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone making Le Shuttle stock in N Scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStar

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone is offering the Le Shuttle trains in N scale? I've seen the power cars in N scale. They wanted $400 for the pair. But locos are not much good without the proper consists to go behind them.

Robert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone is offering the Le Shuttle trains in N scale? I've seen the power cars in N scale. They wanted $400 for the pair. But locos are not much good without the proper consists to go behind them.

Robert
Not sure about that Robert.
Were they scratch built one-offs? If so then I can understand why they’ve asked so much for them.
Do you have a photo of the models at all?

bangor-toad

Hi,
Kato made complete Le Shuttle rakes. I saw one once in the Kato shop in Tokyo about 10 years ago. It was certainly impressive.
The complete sets are fantastically expensive whenever they come up for sale. I haven't seen a set for years though. Here's a link to a loing closed auction (from 2014) which will tease you (sorry) but showing you that they do exist...

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0000/lot-17732714-8c0c-41a0-beaf-a3f500e3f571

Cheers,
Mr Toad

NightStar

Mr Toad,

I saw those auction pictures. The consist of 9 club cars is kinda ridiculous though as it's not a real formation for a Le Shuttle. I'm interested in whether or not anyone made the car and Lorrie transporter wagons? I keep seeing glimpses of kits by CJM/ Farrish. But they don't appear to be available anymore either.

I'd very much like these to be available once again. http://www.referencement-n.com/CJM.htm

I'm thinking I could possibly have the wagons designed by a friend that does 3D models for printing on Shapeways. Bogies could be plain old N scale freight wagon bogies and couplings. But this method would be extremely expensive as well.

I'm very thankful that Kato has the full 20 car Eurostar train. I will admit, I wish they had them in OO scale which is my preferred scale for modeling. Although a full rake would take up an impressive amount of space in OO scale. I do wish the Kato models had the option of having a front coupler though for towing behind a barrier wagon and pair of Euro Tunnel diesels, EPS Class 37/6, EPS Class 73's or the Temple Mills O8 shunter.

Robert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.