• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone mind checking my work with the Routing Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilopylae

I just want to make sure I've got this right - if I get it wrong I might be hit with quite a penalty fare!

I'm travelling from Darsham to Exeter St Davids. Exeter St Davids is a routing point by itself, and Darsham has two routing points: Ipswich and Norwich. The permitted route from either Norwich or Ipswich to Exeter is via London, and the route from Darsham to London Liverpool Street via Norwich can be traced on the correct map with no backtracking.

Have I missed a step, or does that mean that my ticket from Darsham to Exeter (via London) is valid via Norwich?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
You missed the fares check. Norwich is not an appropriate origin routeing point for a Darsham to Exeter journey because it fails the fares check: the fare from Norwich to Exeter is more expensive than the fare from Darsham to Exeter. You can perform the fares check using the tool provided here: http://data.atoc.org/rp_calc

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Exactly as indigo2 states.

If a station has multiple Routeing Points, then only RPs whose fare to the station at the other end of the journey is no more than the fare for the entire journey are deemed “Appropriate” Routeing Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.